Associate, Project Manager - Global Entity Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
GEMS is JPMC's strategic solution for legal entity (LE) maintenance and reporting. It will also provide support for various LE-based attestations: financial, legal, and regulatory. It will support external disclosure through the FR-Y9 and other regulatory reports generated by the Office of the Secretary. It will support the legal entity rationalization (LER) and Recovery and Resolution (R&R) programs at JPMC.
The GEMS project team is responsible for managing projects and initiatives, in the capacity of providing expert oversight as Subject matter experts in each delivery. The team is responsible for ensuring that all project changes are understood, tested and communicated to the impacted teams.
As a member of the Global Entity Management project team, you will be leading the implementation of GEMS projects related to Product Enhancements, Production Fixes, Operational Releases, Data Integrity, Platform conversions and Regulatory reporting. The role will include the oversight, management and/or participation of the full project life cycle (Requirements, Design, SIT/UAT and Implementation) for each project, providing updates to the project teams on the status of the testing activities, as well as writing and executing test scripts. The role will include working the subject matter experts to confirm requirements and to provide feedback on potential impacts as well as the coordination of training & communications between the project and operations teams.
Collaborative partnership with the impacted technology, finance, legal and operations teams will be essential to ensure the success of each project, ensuring completeness of business requirements, clear understanding of operational impacts and resolution of operational issues related to the requirements raised.
Detail Role Responsibility:
- Partner with PMs across different teams and LOBs to ensure project is delivered on schedule, within budget and within scope
- Manage interdependencies
- Diagnose and facilitate resolution of key issues and risks within the project
- Manage end to end User Acceptance Testing process
- Ensure operational and business change readiness
- Conduct overall project evaluations/quality control
- Analyze, evaluate and create business requirements, functional specifications and other documentations throughout the project life cycle.
- Gather and document business requirements by interacting with business Stakeholders like Corporate Finance Reporting (CFR), Office of Legal teams, Technology and other Finance Project Workstreams.
- Conduct significant data mining and analysis to support recommendations and necessary action items.
- Generate process flow diagrams and other required documentation where applicable.
- Maintain partnership with the Client, GEMS Technology and Operations on the Design, Build and Testing of requirements.
- Support management of projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing the issue resolutions process and taking corrective action or escalating the issue when appropriate.
- Develop, track, analyze, and publish project reports, resource management reports, project summaries, scorecards and program/project performance trends.
Track defects, perform root cause analysis and identified the means to resolving them.
Combine knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built and create a business proposition across cross functional areas.
Assist clients with GEMS process and content, develop and execute test plans / test scripts, assist in managing the overall project governance.
Support project management reporting deliverables; OPTIC, governance decks, etc..
- 5-7 years of professional experience managing large and complex deliveries
- Prior project management and test management experience on large complex project
- Effectively manage in a matrixed organization
- In-depth experience in project management and test management processes and tools
- Excellent working knowledge of Quality Center, MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups) and PowerPoint, MS Visio and Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project required
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Excessive attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to handle high stress and tight deadlines
- Ability to understand both business and technical requirements and translate as required
- A team player and adaptable to changing environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Knowledge of database systems (e.g. MS SQL Server 2000, Oracle, Toad) and database concepts ( Optional)
- Operations or technology experience, a plus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180108790