Audit Director - Global Consumer Bank
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of 1,900 covering Citi's global businesses and services to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assurance of the company's governance, risk management, ethics and culture, and the internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed at enhancing the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby supporting senior management decision-making around the world.
The role will be responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and coordination of the IA Global Consumer, Change and Third Party MIS team providing management information, governance reporting, analytics (CAATTs) and project management support.
This team will work with all levels of management within Internal Audit and applicable business organizations. As well, the Director may also engage with external regulators as required. Will have staff management and budget responsibilities.
* Driving the strategic plan around IA Consumer, Change and Third Party reporting of management information in conjunction with strategic objectives
* Ensuring effective and accurate governance reporting for all related geographies, regions and products
* Proactively manages and oversees the design and execution of MIS solutions for audits, issues validation and regulatory data validations leveraging Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs)
* Responsible for providing IA guidance on sensitive and complex regulatory data validations requiring sophisticated analytical thought and judgement
* Key driver of IA Consumer, Change and Third Parties cross-functional initiatives that provides effective coordination and efficient use of resources while ensuring timely execution of each project
* Provides operational MIS to support the running of the IA function in an efficient and proactive manner, while minimizing the administrative impact to audit leadership and staff
* Coordinates monthly reporting processes including verification of data quality and completeness with data owners; independently validates the completeness of the data and perform a reasonableness review of the data content for accuracy
* Manages all related enforcement action reporting including initial and ongoing engagements with multiple project management teams, IA and regulators, including pipeline, status, exception and committee reporting
* Provides subject matter expertise in analysis and analytics related engagements within IA and applicable business stakeholders
* Responsible for the management of approximately 15 geographically diverse MIS professionals for the provision of high quality management information and analytics; directs subordinates performance and makes recommendations for future developments, talent recommendations, pay adjustments, hires, terminations and other personal actions
* Ensures efficient execution of scheduled and ad-hoc requests leveraging the appropriate technology and analytical skill-set
* Serves as key representative on applicable MIS related committees (e.g., Global Consumer Reporting Forum)
* Develops and maintains a knowledge of applicable regulations and enforcement actions
Qualifications and Competencies
* Significant diversified experience providing management information and analytical support within a financial management environment to senior stakeholders, including experience in audit or related control functions fields (minimum of 10 years). This individual will have proven operational experience in influencing geographically dispersed teams of professionals servicing multiple clients.
* Significant and demonstrable experience in supporting time sensitive data processing and analysis to a variety of senior internal and external stakeholders.
* Expert understanding of management information systems, data analytics tools, and related best practices and control initiatives across the financial services industry.
* Provides evaluative judgement based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
* Candidates should have significant experience in the management of geographically diverse teams in a highly sensitive and critical environment achieving results within tight deadlines.
* Influences, engages, and negotiates with senior leaders (across IA and Citi)
* BA/BS or equivalent. Educational/experience background in MIS, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Technology is beneficial.
* Additional related certifications (CIA, CISA, PMP or similar) are also beneficial.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18006058