AVP - AML Global R&C Audit and Issues Lead
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations,
governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage,
transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly
providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical
standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees
should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce
reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we
value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
o Issue Management: Provide leadership on AML Issues and associated action plans globally. Manage iCAPS and the associated surrounding work from initiation through closure
o Manage and track a comprehensive set of issues for Citi AML that provides immediate management insight to gaps or non-compliance to laws, policies or procedures causing operational risk- across all functions and geographies in AML
o Coordinate with all global functions within AML R&C and various business functions globally to produce ongoing (weekly, monthly) updates to promote awareness, escalation and proactive management against commitments to address Issues through comprehensive and responsive corrective action plans. Publications include Weekly emails to broad distribution lists, individually directed emails to key stakeholders as items become "at Risk" and for general updates, the Risk & Control Management Committee (RCMC), Global Issue Management, SLT Weekly Updates, etc. Responsible for monthly analysis to monitor trends (including open, past due and retargeted items, items in validation with IA, in validation with the OCC) for senior management attention.
o Responsible for managing the global applicability analysis (GAA) program across all countries and regions to: Identify whether newly identified Issues in AML apply to other areas / regions; Increase self-identification of issues; Promote action, where necessary
o Oversee this important program across all of AML to drive legal and regulatory compliance, as well as adherence to Citi policies. Key responsibilities include:
o Reviewing all Self-Identified issues with AML ownership
o Reviewing all Internal Audit Reports published with AML ownership
o Making the judgment/determination of what issues are in scope for GAA
o Sharing In-Scope Issue details with Regional R&C or AML Function for GAA consideration
o Publishing and presenting initial GAA results in RCMC (including AML items not requiring GAA)
o Socializing initial results with senior leaders using existing Global Forum
o Determining final outcomes by using the inputs from stakeholder and senior forums
o Publishing final GAA Results
o Lead distinct risk initiatives/independent reviews to improve the bank's positon with respect to Office of the Comptroller (OCC) and Federal Reserve Board (FRB) consent orders and matters requiring attention. Advise senior managers by providing candid and insightful perspectives on progress against commitments, and/or concerns/gaps. Understand, recommend, drive and provide consultation on solutions.
o Develop the standards, procedures, best practice, cheat sheets and guidance documents for issue management standards across AML globally.
o Drive the roll out of guidance across AML to ensure that core issue management practices/Citi Directives are understood and owned at all levels of the businesses.
o Support internal audits globally to address issue management by presenting known issues for scope evaluation and to determine if applicable issues qualify for IBAM
- 5 years work experience
- Awareness of AML regulations and banking products
- Direct Experience working with:
1. Overseeing consent order validation effort
2. Leading internal and external audit/exam requests
3. Managing data privacy for audit and exam purposes
4. Interacting with global teams for Risk & Control regulatory needs
5. Producing a database of regulatory/audit information
6. Reporting global regulatory/audit/issue management information
- An understanding and management of regulatory/audit protocols
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage high volumes of requests and information in a timely manner, under tight deadlines
- Risk / Operations / Audit / Management Experience
- Awareness of AML regulations and banking products
- Computer Literacy
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Excellent influencing and team coordination skills
- Responsibility to Our Clients: Builds Client Relationships, Delivers Client Solutions, Leverages Functional and Business Knowledge
- Responsibility to Each Other: Manages Performance, Recruits, Develops and Retains Talent, Builds Partnerships and Values Diversity, Communicates Effectively
- Responsibility to Our Franchise: Drives Results, Uses Sound Judgment, Innovates and, Manages Change, Manages Risk and Control, Pursues Learning and Self Development
- Audit Management: Allocates and Manages Workload, Makes Responsible well thought out Decisions, Builds and Applies Business, Regulatory and Country Knowledge
- Stakeholder Management: Shares Information, Responds to Compliance and Business Queries
- Innovation: Strives for "best in class practices", Leads Innovation, Can build, not just run a BAU operation, Delivers Effective Solutions
- Advocacy: Advocates AML within Citi and Externally Mentoring, Hiring and Training, Coaching / Training skills, Staff Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18004878