CIB F&BM Global Corporate Bank - Public Sector Coverage Business Manager - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group provides financial advice and support for the CIB's business strategy and helps ensure a sound control environment. Within F&BM, the four major areas of responsibility are: Business Management, Controllers, Planning and Analysis, and Support Staff.
The J.P. Morgan Global Corporate Bank (GCB) manages the firm's relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to provide clients with banking solutions and to help them grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Within the GCB, the Public Sector Coverage team aims to expand the firm's business with its public sector clients. For more than a century, JPMorgan has built a powerful franchise with public sector entities around the world, which now includes central banks, sovereign wealth funds, public pensions, governments, national financial institutions and multilateral institutions.
The Public Sector Business Manager will be responsible for providing comprehensive strategic and finance support to the head of GCB Public Sector. The individual will develop the future strategy of the business in partnership with the Business Head, and will provide day-to-day support for the overall business agenda. The person will report to the head of business management for GCB North America.
- The role of a Business Manager is centered on 5 key areas:
- Develop business strategy and drive growth
- Produce and analyze financial results
- Devise plans to optimize business performance
- Drive key business initiatives that support broader client coverage efforts
- Manage business risks
- Act as trusted advisor to Business Head and his management team
- Lead the coordination of the client agenda - client selection and coverage, prioritization, relationship status, growth opportunities, and performance metrics
- Review the competitive landscape and analyze the market position of the Public Sector to develop growth strategies for Treasury Services, Corporate Finance, Markets, Investor Services, Asset Management, Trade and other product areas
- Partner with Planning & Analysis team to provide relevant and insightful MIS
- Support the design and execution of strategic initiatives, including critical cost-efficiency programs through expense management and productivity initiatives
- Drive year-end banker performance measurement framework and deliverables
- Participate actively in special projects and working groups, e.g. Global Pipeline tool, Loan Return Calculator, DealWorks, etc.
- Optimize business performance by driving key initiatives e.g. assisting the team with broader client coverage initiatives including preparation around IMF / World Bank meetings and the firm's annual Central Bank Seminar
- Provide oversight and leadership to ensure the Public Sector group adheres to the control and governance policies and procedures, including regulatory developments relevant to the Public Sector client universe
- Assist in driving the right compliance structures- responsible for project management process controls, standards, and tools; drive business response to KYC/AML efforts
- Be the Public Sector point person for support partners across Credit, Compliance, Audit, HR and Legal
- 4 years of relevant financial services industry experience, ideally coupled with financial and business management experience
- Proactive and problem solving mindset with ability to clearly identify and implement solutions
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret financial statements and MIS reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across various functions and balance the need of multiple stakeholders
- Professionalism, sensitivity, discretion and sound decision-making skills with the ability to interact with senior executives
- Ability to prioritize and multitask well under pressure
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls with a view to improvement
- Understanding of Banking, Markets and Asset Management products
- Interest in the Public Sector, a plus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180109890