CIB F&BM Global Custody & Fund Services - Product Controller - Associate
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With ~$20 trillion of assets under custody and ~$400 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody & Fund Services (CFS) is a global provider of securities services for institutional investors. CFS offers settlement, safekeeping, and asset servicing, along with fund accounting and administration, agent lending, and related services. The business generated $3.8 billion revenue in 2017 on the back of $21 trillion in Assets under Custody.
The Product Control team is primarily responsible for the accuracy and completeness of daily and monthly P&L for the Depositary Receipts business. JP Morgan as a Depositary Bank offers issuance, cancellations and servicing of a Depositary Receipt ("DR", a tradeable financial instrument representing a specific number of foreign shares), including but not limited to IPO and capital raising. The business also operates a DR trading desk.
This role is suitable for a candidate looking to learn in-depth about a business and work closely with stakeholders to ensure a strong control environment. The right candidate is a self-starter, keen to learn and take ownership of processes in order to change them and improve them.
The team works closely with Finance and Business Management stakeholders as well as the business, reporting key performance indicators and profitability analysis. While the DR business will be the main focus, the candidate will also be expected to participate in the wider team's responsibilities.
- Daily P&L and Position reporting and sign-off, including substantiation and review through comparison to business predicted revenues
- Analytical review of the P&L to understand and explain drivers of the P&L
- Analytical review of the P&L and how the business is performing versus their plan/budget
- Own the month-end reporting process, ensuring that books and records are accurate and complete, results are appropriately communicated to key stakeholders
- Provide ad hoc support to the business, Finance and Business Management.
- Contribute to the annual budget and plan for the business
- Maintain a strong attention to detail in managing processes, reviewing own work and delivering improvements in accuracy and efficiency of tasks
- Pro-actively identify control gaps and drive the subsequent project plans to achieve resolution
- Support the wider team in implementation of projects and initiatives
- Strong numerate background and attention to detail
- Minimum Two to three years of banking experience, preferably in a finance role
- Ability to work effectively & meet challenging deadlines and be able to work under pressure
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude - ability to identify and solve problems independently
- Team player with ability in managing daily processes and interacting with the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong technical skills (Advanced Excel, Access is an advantage)
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Controls focused and a keen interest in finance
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180102955