CIB - Global Market Risk Coverage - Technology Liaison - Senior Associate - New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
CIB Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm's Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. The group forms the key interface for discussing risk issues with the trading desks but retains independent reporting lines through the Risk management chain.
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
- Independent ongoing identification, monitoring and control of business unit market risk
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments
- Analysis of aggregated risks and tail risk exposure
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
CIB Risk is seeking an energetic Senior Associate level professional to join its Market Risk Technology Liaison Team, based in New York and London. The role involves close interaction with Market Risk Colleagues across all trading desks and active collaboration with supporting Technology colleagues to facilitate current on-going efforts and build out a strategic new platform.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Market Risk colleagues across asset classes and Technology to shepherd innovative new systems, that leverages big-data and other modern technologies, from inception to development, testing and go-live.
- Synthesize Market Risk's requirements across trading desks and products by partnering with Market Risk Coverage, Reporting, Product Control, Trading and Quantitative Research.
- Help govern the portfolio of user tools and work with technology on interim solutions to remediate them
- Understand project interdependencies, issues and risks to track progress across the broad set of new and ongoing technology projects impacting Market Risk.
- Summarize and present technology updates to senior management across Risk, Technology and Trading
- Perform Proof of Concept projects and ad-hoc analysis on cutting edge technologies
- Tenacious, can-do attitude is key with entrepreneurial dedication to new technology welcome
- Superior project management skills, ability to gain consensus across varying levels of seniority and ability to drive initiatives to completion effectively is critical.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize demands, work well under pressure with tight deadlines, and work independently is important.
- Risk management experience is preferred. Knowledge of cross asset trading desk metrics, VaR and Stress concepts is strongly encouraged. Passion for Markets is ideal.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is critical. Knowledge of VBA and Access is preferred.
- Clear oral and written communication in English is required.
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180105126