CMO - Global Structured Debt - Private Placements Analyst
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Global Structured Debt:
We are dedicated to transacting bespoke financing solutions and private placements for the fixed income markets, through the origination, structuring and placement of such securities across the capital structure and on a global basis across all industries. These securities provide solutions to the complex corporate finance problems and specialized funding needs facing our clients by combining structuring, risk transfer and execution expertise with in-depth knowledge of regulatory, tax, rating agency and accounting treatments. Transactions result in the structuring and placement of primarily senior debt, subordinated debt and mezzanine financings to sophisticated institutional investors. Transactions require the integration of efforts across multiple product platforms. Structured transactions involving the securitization/monetization of cash flow streams associated with renewable energy, infrastructure, oil & gas projects and transportation assets (primarily aviation, rail and shipping) comprise approximately half of the Group's business. In addition to broad industry coverage, we have a deep client base operating throughout the world. We are based in New York, London and Hong Kong.
- 4(a)(2) traditional debt private placements involving transactions marketed on an agented, best-efforts basis to sophisticated buy-and-hold private placement investors
- Target long-duration investors distinct from the public bond, 144A & loan markets - mainly insurance companies but also a broad group of global institutions engaged in alternative asset investing
- Structural alternatives available such as off-the-run maturities, delayed drawdowns, amortizing notes, swapped foreign-currency notes, etc.
- Incorporate tailored covenant packages and/or security structures
- Analyze financial statements of corporate financing prospects as well as issuers during execution process
- Achieve familiarity with credit documentation including financial covenants and other structural features
- Prepare proposals for business opportunities and develop financing materials for prospective investors
- Provide client-facing support for our origination and execution efforts
- Obtain proficiency in key corporate bond market sectors, relative value positioning and bond pricing
- Engage in active, direct, verbal and written communications with institutional investors
- Collaborate with colleagues from diverse geographies and various functional areas including banking, capital markets, derivatives, syndicate, sales and legal
- Maintain our compilation of private deal information, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-2 years banking or capital markets experience preferred but not required
- Prior experience with credit markets preferred but not required
- Prior experience with financial statement analysis suggested
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong critical thinking and quantitative abilities
- Motivated and self-driven; ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Exceptional teamwork capabilities and leadership potential
- Series 7, 63 and 79
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17069000