JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Compliance Function
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and present all business partners with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a robust set of priorities in place focused on best practices and employee development to ensure goals are delivered.
Commercial Banking ("CB") Global Financial Crimes Compliance ("GFCC") supports the line of business in complying with laws and regulations relevant to all aspects of CB, including several different sub-lines of business which include Corporate Client Banking, Middle Market Banking, Credit Markets (Chase Business Credit, Chase Capital, Chase Equipment Finance), Real Estate Banking, Commercial Term Lending, Community Development Banking, in addition to the Government Banking and Health Care, Higher Education and Not-For-Profit Banking ("GHHN").These business lines serve both private and public clients with $20MM - $2B in annual revenue.
The Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") GFCC team supporting CB seeks a highly motivated, team oriented Compliance Manager. This Compliance Manager role will focus on maintaining the due diligence programs and performing analysis and follow-up on clients that present AML risk. The position will also include supporting other projects and initiatives related to AML, the Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA") and the USA Patriot Act including various AML/KYC monitoring related activities for CB GFCC.
This role will concentrate on enhancing and maintaining CB GFCC's program which focuses on providing advice and guidance to the business on Commercial Banking clients that present heightened financial crimes
A successful candidate for this role is decisive, responsible, and a self-starter who demonstrates knowledge of financial crimes risk. In addition, this candidate must have strong banking controls knowledge.
- Assess money laundering/terrorist financing risk in various client segments, recommend mitigants and controls;
- Research, analyze and provide recommended remediation efforts for clients that present AML and/or reputational risk;
- Identify and escalate control issues to ensure continuity across Commercial Banking;
- Interface with bankers, regional partners and cross line of business GFCC and provide guidance and support related to client specific issues and KYC requirements;
- Provide support to line of business and KYC database administrator partners on Global KYC standards (implementation and interpretation);
- Support the business through control forums, regulatory exams, GFCC testing and internal audits; which includes providing guidance on their development of new and enhanced compliance control processes in response to those forums, exams, tests or audits;
- Demonstrate strong organizational, analytical, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures and job aides within a multi-national organization;
- Support general Compliance activities and other responsibilities, including special projects, training, and ad-hoc reporting, as assigned;
- Assist in providing AML/KYC training to the business and other control staff as necessary;
- Provide guidance to the line of business in drafting relevant policies and procedures;
- Stay abreast of industry trends and be able to anticipate areas of focus and attention of regulators, keeping business management and Compliance colleagues informed;
- Effective use of resources to efficiently to reach goals
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience working with or in Compliance, Risk Management or Audit;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required;
- Expert knowledge of AML/BSA regulatory requirements;
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Proven experience working in a complex multi-national organization
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex information to senior management.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.