Corporate Compliance - Global Financial Crimes - Senior Compliance Officer - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) is part of our Global Compliance organization and is responsible for developing and implementing the requirements and standards for the firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of the core functions (KYC, Sanctions, Investigations and Transaction Monitoring), business-aligned teams and regional teams.
The Senior AML Investigator position is part of the Firm's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), responsible for investigating and resolving strategic money laundering / terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks, including typology, geography, product, customer/entity type and other ML/TF risk categories. The successful candidate independently develops, analyzes and reports on financial intelligence related to high profile, and complex ML/TF matters in the firm and coordinates actions to mitigate risks globally. The candidate is also someone who is dedicated to protecting the firm against ML/TF risks by coordinating investigation activities by the team, internal actions across areas of the bank and sharing appropriate information with external law enforcement.
This position requires an understanding of sound AML investigative process and develops talent within the team. The candidate will be expected to take ownership of the quality and process of his/her work product. This position requires strong teamwork skills, proven investigatory skills and the ability to present intelligence updates to senior levels in the organization. The candidate will be expected to interact with AML management, senior representatives of varied lines of business and the firm's legal, and audit and risk departments.
The successful candidate has a strong knowledge of banking systems and AML typologies. The role requires a self starter who is willing to work in ambiguous detail, having the ability to dissect and analyze large amounts of unstructured information to find and resolve high risk ML/TF activity. This position requires the individual to exercise sound judgment, observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in the course of discharging responsibilities and high quality standards when conducting investigations.
- Identifies and acquires customer and transaction information across multiple platforms/systems
- Conducts data research to uncover patterns and trends within money laundering activities in customer and transaction data
- Assists investigation team with acquiring and analyzing various data sources in order to identify suspicious and high risk activity
- Possesses strong data handling, interpretive, and problem solving skills with the ability to process large volume of transaction level data
- Liaises with the Analytics & Design team and various technology groups in order to build out ML/TF typologies and monitoring tools
- Ability to communicate methodologies and findings into a clear and concise manner
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with GFCC team members globally
- Participates in assigned GFCC Investigations working groups
- 3 - 5 years of investigations or related experience
- Previous success in complex analysis and investigations in a proactive manner within unstructured data populations
- Effectively collaborates with GFCC team members globally, GFC Legal and Advisory
- In-depth understanding of BSA, AML, OFAC and other AML regulatory policies
- Ability to apply knowledge of various ML/TF typologies, geography, products, customer-types, and expected type of activity in order to effectively identify risk and suspicious activity
- Self-starter, creative, capable of working under minimum supervision. Results oriented team player
- Exceptional research and analytical skills
- Naturally curious, willingness to explore innovative ways to review and analyze data to present useful information
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills having the ability to present to senior levels in the organization
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint). Must be able to prepare presentation materials
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required, J.D., MBA or other advanced degree preferred
** Any candidate not meeting ALL the qualifications can be considered for a Compliance Officer, Associate
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180104186