Corporate Compliance - Global Sanctions Compliance - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The job responsibilities of this Global Sanctions Compliance Officer position involve the complete process around regulatory driven sanction list or internally developed watch list searches of transactions and account holders looking for designated high risk clients and sanctioned transactions. This includes the process to determine if there is a true match to a suspect name, review, analysis and decisioning on wire transactions and specific issues escalated to/from internal business units. Validation on positive search results and providing detailed research information to support the resolution of a match. Providing written and verbal communication on issues with management, the lines of business and Compliance units, performing and reviewing highly sensitive client and transaction search information, reporting, escalating and documenting results.
This position reports to a Global Sanctions Compliance Manager and is an integral of the Global Financial Crimes Compliance responsibilities to protect the organization and to fulfill the Bank's regulatory requirements. Ideal candidates possess leadership, analytical ability, initiative, a solution-oriented consultative mindset, a thorough knowledge of banking, OFAC, Sanctions processes, service operations, products and systems and the ability to work effectively in a high volume, deadline driven, diverse team/site environment. Ability to work flexible hours is required. Will perform additional duties and special projects as requested. Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
- Must have 3-5 years of banking experience and at least 3 years of compliance, legal or audit experience is highly desirable.
- Customer contact and service operations area experience a plus.
- Candidate must have strong written/verbal communication, leadership, solid high volume processing and analytical skills with the ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a deadline driven, regulatory environment.
- Ability to maintain high quality in a risk intensive environment.
- Knowledge of SWIFT messaging and payment transactions is preferred. Demonstrate cross-line of business knowledge of banking systems and products.
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- AML, OFAC, Sanctions experience is required.
- Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions. Must be results oriented and have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work varying daytime hours to accommodate transactional product and regional deadlines.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Business Administration.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180103674