Corporate - Control Management - Global Conflicts - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
This position is ideal for candidates who are interested in gaining a broad view of activities globally across JP Morgan Chase's Lines of Business, including high transaction volumes originating predominately from the Corporate & Investment Bank, and interacting with senior management on a regular basis.
Global Conflicts acts as a clearinghouse for client relationships. We review the firm's business activities to avoid or manage any actual or perceived conflicts of interest and/or related reputation risk. We gather relevant information about those relationships, assess where one relationship could conflict with another and provide senior leaders with a recommended path forward. These range from facilitating a business selection conversation to limiting business activities and managing deal team staffing. The Conflicts team partners with JPMC's Lines of Business and Control functions (e.g. Legal / Compliance) globally in performing its role.
- Review of new business opportunities to determine any real or perceived conflicts of interest within the Corporate & Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, and JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management
- Review typically involves researching companies in the context of specific M&A and capital markets transactions to identify any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- The review also requires extensive deal team interaction, review of the internal global Conflicts Systems / analysis of results, discussion of the proposed activity and any identified concerns with senior-level bankers and Control functions (e.g. Legal / Compliance)
- Provide input and work closely with Global Industry Heads, Product Heads, and Global Chairmen to coordinate business selection calls and ensure that they are comfortable with M&A and Capital Markets transactions
- Work directly with M&A Legal and Investment Banking teams to research and provide historical information for Relationship Disclosures and Fairness Opinions
- Participating in ad hoc projects (e.g., assisting in the development and review of our internal system, new procedures, IB team presentations, etc.).
- 4 year University degree or equivalent.
- 3 years work experience in a fast moving analytical environment.
- An understanding of investment banking products, services and transactions is highly desirable.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and thorough.
- Must have the ability to communicate (verbal and written) and document information in a clear, precise and efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to chart and analyze the relationship among multiple companies and identify possible conflict situations.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects in an efficient manner and bring them to a timely completion.
- Must be comfortable working and collaborating within a strong team environment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180110077