Corporate Finance - Global Accounting - Controller Associate
JPMorgan Chase's Corporate Controllers is a global organization of approximately 1,500 colleagues, operating through a partnership among Corporate Accounting Policies, Corporate Regulatory Policy & Reporting, Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Sector Controllers, Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Finance India, and Finance Platform Strategy & Controls. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.
Corporate Sector (CSEC) Controllers supports all lines of business to deliver superior financial services to businesses and consumers around the world. CSEC Controllers provides an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles. The Global Real Estate Accounting team is comprised of accounting professionals across the globe who have direct responsibility for a firm-wide real estate portfolio in more than 60 countries across over 5,500 properties, covering approximately 75 million square feet.
Global Real Estate Accounting is seeking a well qualified, detail oriented, high energy, and self-initiating Accounting Associate responsible for assisting in the month end financial close and reporting. The role will also involve:
- Month-end close, including the following:
o developing accrual estimates,
o posting of journal entries to the general ledger, and
o assessing transaction activity for proper accounting treatment
- Investigate monthly balance sheet, income statement and general ledger account variances and provide written explanations
- Perform monthly reconciliation and certification of balance sheet accounts
- Support ad hoc reporting and analysis across Global Real Estate as needed
- Review and improve key accounting processes to ensure processes are efficient and effective
- Assist Global Real Estate Finance team in creating annual budgets and updating mid-year forecasts
- Establish and maintain relationships with finance and operations groups in Global Real Estate as well as Line of Business contacts
- Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities within predetermined timeliness is essential.
- Bachelors' degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of accounting experience required, working in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Big Four public accounting experience, large corporate, and/or CPA, or equivalent, strongly preferred
- Creative self starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Structured mindset with process/continuous improvement orientation
- Ability to multi-task and be hands on in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Technology Requirements: Experience with automated financial systems (SAP), database management, worksheet-modeling tools (Excel, Access), and Essbase experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180099280