Cyber Fraud Strategy Risk Group Manager - Global Alerting
About Global Consumer Bank
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB), a global leader in credit cards, wealth management and commercial banking, serves as a trusted partner to more than 110 million customers in 19 countries worldwide, providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The Global Consumer Bank operates four business lines - Branded Cards, Retail Services, Retail Banking and Commercial Banking - in three priority markets: Asia, Mexico and the U.S. Over the past few years, our business has transformed to become a simpler, leaner, focused franchise.
The journey to becoming a world-class digital bank tangibly accelerated in 2016. A mobile-first strategic focus and deployment of a new, agile operating model fostered massive improvements in the design and delivery of digital features and in the customer experience. The implementation of a uniform technology platform was completed, and the franchise saw significant growth in the number of digital users, mobile downloads and digital engagement. We forged a number of digital payments solutions and partnerships to deliver scale, convenience and ease. And Citi FinTech, a new unit charged with developing next-generation mobile banking capabilities through co-creation with clients, delivered a new set of mobile features in the U.S., making Citi the first global bank to integrate banking, money movement and wealth management on mobile.
GCB operated approximately 2,650 branches and generated $7.8 billion in pretax earnings, representing 37 percent of Citicorp's total. In 2016, our GCB business held $300 billion in average deposits, managed $139 billion in average assets and included $280 billion in average loans.
About Cyber Fraud Prevention Group
With increasing focus on Digital, it is imperative for us at Citi to further protect our customers and our franchise from the emerging environmental risks related to financial fraud. Cyber-enabled tools have become more sophisticated and available, enabling fraudsters to effect damage at much greater speed and scale than before. The Cyber Fraud Prevention (CFP) team's mandate is to predict and deter significant fraud across our Global Consumer Business, leveraging an "all source intelligence" led approach and real-time knowledge transfer amongst GCB Fraud Teams, Security Operations, Citi Security & Investigative Services (CSIS) and other Citi security functions, as well as Law Enforcement and other external institutions to prevent and disrupt significant fraud along the entire fraud lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities:
This role resides in the Cyber Fraud Strategy (CFS) team of the Cyber Fraud Prevention organization, responsible for conducting analytics to detect and escalate changes or anomalies in portfolio performance and behavior that could be indicators of potential fraud risk by leveraging statistical models, visual analytics, data science techniques, partnering closely with regional fraud teams and Security Operations Center (SOC).
The CFP Fraud Risk Group Manager for Global Alerting is responsible for leading the development, maintenance and optimization of portfolio alerting processes. Key responsibilities include:
* End-to-end management of global alerting processes (NAM, Mexico, APAC) including :
- Data analysis to detect baseline portfolio behaviors on metrics such as applications, transactions, non-monetary changes, fraud losses and disputes, impact rates, and newer data including device ID and online activity.
- Testing of alert rules for volume and performance.
- Seamless deployment of alerts, including associated tracking and reporting.
- Continuous optimization of alerts to ensure maximum fraud detection while managing volume and minimizing false positives.
- Continuously develop new alerts and integrate new data sources while increasing the speed at which alerts are produced by looking for faster, more real-time data sources and solutions.
* Develop and execute a strong change control process for alert strategy changes, including a maker-checker review of rule adjustments, testing, and validation pre/post-deployment
* Develop effective processes to routinely assess rule performance and recommend adjustments.
* Partner with variety of cross-functional teams such as Global Fraud Policy, Fusion Center (FFC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) to ensure clean execution of strategy.
* Partner with operational risk and control teams to ensure appropriate end-to-end controls are in place to ensure processes are working as intended.
* Ensure integrated communication and tracking of key initiatives to key stakeholders, and prompt escalation of potential risks and issues to enable preventative and mitigating actions.
* Proactively plan and prioritize work according to criticality and shifting priorities/strategies, while balancing need to drive longer-term initiatives.
* Mentor and coach junior team members.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree required (Master's degree preferred) in statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline from a premier institution.
* 8 years experience in financial services or risk management (experience in fraud management highly preferred).
* Understanding of financial crimes, in particular cyber fraud means and threats a plus.
* In-depth knowledge of the Cards business and risk management concepts and practices, and performance implications of policy/actions a plus.
* Excellent quantitative and analytic skills and data-driven mindset; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights, and perform risk/reward trade-off.
* Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder management while creating/sustaining network of strong client relationships.
* Proficient in SAS/SQL and MS Office. Experience with the following programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and analytical tools (Enterprise Miner, Knowledge Studio, H2O, Alpine, Tableau) and big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark) highly desirable.
* Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to create and deliver compelling presentations, translating complex material into narrative suitable to a variety of audiences.
* Solutions-oriented "can do" attitude, with ability to drive innovation via thought leadership while maintaining end-to-end view.
* Ability to prioritize and reprioritize work for self and team, and make decisions independently with limited guidance from management.
* Extremely detail-oriented, with strong; intellectual curiosity. Ability to set and meet high standards.
* Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18003099