Director-Global Head of Design & Construction-Citi Realty Services
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Act as liaison between CRS Senior Management, Region Heads (Asset Management), Transaction team as well as internal Client Businesses, to establish project and business goals and needs.
- To ensure the optimal solution to Citi's requirements and to establish project and business goals and needs, collaborate with CRS Senior Management, Region Heads (Asset Management), Transaction and Building Operations teams, critical support services (i.e. Procurement, Risk and Control, Finance, Legal / external legal counsels) as well as internal Client Businesses.
- Collaborate with the Region Heads in the development of real estate strategies that compliment and support business goals. Translate strategic requirements to into practicable tactics and designs.
- Collaborate with Transactions to optimize space utilization by incorporation of needs analysis, workplace and engineering standards, planning models and interior fit out specifications.
- Collaborate with Facility Management to help strengthen and improve infrastructure reliability via design, planning and engineering standards and guidelines.
- Ensure all stakeholders and their needs are identified and managed.
- Under the direction of the Global Head of Operations, lead and manage Global D&C; oversee the management and construction of projects, and collaborate with the regions to ensure timelines, specifications, quality, and costs are achieved to achieve business goals.
- Joint P&L responsibility at the global and regional levels
- Oversee Global team of Design & Construction and Operations managers and create / manage teams tailored to the structure
- Work with specialists and business groups in the creation of the location strategy model
- Implement strategic initiatives aimed at optimizing branch footprint such as Compact and Mini branches reducing average branch size.
- Develop and maintain a rolling 3-year capital plan; forecasting cash flow for all capital investments
- Manage the project pipeline, including identification, resolution, and mitigation of risks and issues, and assist regions on all aspects of design planning and engineering.
- Ensure consistent standards, strategies, and guidelines are incorporated in all projects across the regions.
- Lead the strategy of Citi Works to ensure the application to the respective business aligns to the needs of their business. Develop resources globally to deliver the MWB of the Citi Works program including change management.
- Develop global metrics to score investments including benchmarking.
- Manage reports as necessary relating to project delivery, project progress and capital expenditure to ensure both Global and Regional Management are updated on delivery. Report significant variances and develop corrective action plans.
- Work across the organization to coordinate project requirements and implementation between internal partners (IT, Security, AV, Procurement, Risk & Control, etc.).
- Directly lead and manage a team of project managers, outside consultants, and vendors for the project portfolio in a collaborative, professional and cooperative manner. Create and promote a culture of transparency, innovation and continuous improvement in the project delivery process and continually look for ways to improve organizational performance.
- Communicate effectively with staff and management on status, issues, risks, project goals and objectives.
- Review objectives, budgets and timelines to facilitate the approval of Capital Expenditure Proposals.
- Coordinate with Global D&C management to implement consistency and transparency with other Regional practices
- Manage relationships with multiple strategic Outsourced Service Providers, including ensuring adherence to the Citi Third Party Management Policy and Standards. Proactively assess workload trends and needs and address with external service provider leadership to right size delivery teams.
- Enhance relationship management and spend analysis to maximize benefits of 3rd party partners. Leverage Citi's presence/relationships to optimize procurement/negotiations. Obtain relevant market information and stay informed on market dynamics.
- Adhere to Corporate / CRS policies, practices, processes, and legal/compliance requirements.
- Ensure that projects are conducted safely, efficiently and with minimal impact to the business.
- Ensure regions comply with Corporate and local standards and procedures related to design approval (i.e. construction, sanitary, fire and premises occupation requirements, including permits and concessions).
- Ensure proper documentation is utilized to demonstrate assessment of potential risk.
- Advise on all matters related to the launch and migration efforts of the projects module for an internal Real Estate and Lease Administration Management System (REALM).
- Experience in multiple markets.
- Industry related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business; Master's Degree Preferred.
- 15 years of direct experience in commercial architecture, MEP engineering, civil and structural engineering, landscaping, building construction, mission critical infrastructure, trading, life safety and building codes and migration management.
- 5-10 years of experience managing project management staff.
- Demonstration of an applied and structured approach to project planning, estimating, monitoring. and reporting through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through closure.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on-time and in-budget in a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability skills; a proven ability to lead teams through the unique challenges encountered on each project while successfully achieving key goals and objectives.
- A skilled communicator with experience influencing and shaping the image of a complex Division / Business Unit.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause identification skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a wide audience (across function, geography, level, etc.)
- Critical thinker with an understanding of process, interoperability, and relationships.
- A "team player" orientation able to work collaboratively with and through others at all levels of the company, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, listening, and follow-up skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Effectiveness at working across various levels within and outside Citi.
- An understanding of real estate finance and the financial impact of project changes.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project as well as industry standard project management tools.
- Experience in financial services and/or a large, multi-national corporation or an entity with similar global reach and complexity preferred.
- Direct experience managing corporate renovations projects highly desired, ground-up experience a plus.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17070274