Director, Global Materials OFS - Houston, TX
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Director, Global Materials Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Lead consistent OFS S&OP process driving long-term capacity planning, inventory and production control requirements demonstrating strong integration with manufacturing / sourcing teams and cross-functional stakeholders (commercial / sales, product line / regional ops, engineering, finance)
- Assure inventory and service goals are met and drive the result of flawless customer fulfillment
- Assure the continued development and growth of assigned personnel through strong leadership
- Set strategic direction for planning, scheduling, inventory activities and system utilization/tools within the organization
- Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and cost
- Support the ITO function to drive simplification with strategic planning, material procurement timing, order release timing requirements, available capacity and lead times
- Build on existing manufacturing & AMO/services planning and control processes to ensure adequate S&OP deliverables and actions surrounding resource planning
- Partner with logistics team supporting global distribution model to drive customer fulfillment & optimal cash/cost position
- Work with local teams to ensure adequate supply chain materials support for ERP implementations - ensuring comprehensive preparation and post go-live support
- Work with OFS service sites/regions to ensure inventory control and replenishment processes consistent with standardized material control practices
- Lead site Materials Management teams through improvement initiatives across 5 critical materials processes
- Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment. Has the experience or expertise to solve problems. Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to lead short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- 10 years of experience in inventory management, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
- Experience must be in the Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong business and analytical ability
- APICS Certification
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process
- Familiarity with production control systems and routines
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
- Ability to effectively operate in any organizational structure
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Job Reference #: 1814623