Director, IT Audit Global Functions Technology
Citi, the leading global bank, hasapproximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governmentsand institutions with a broad range of financial products and services,including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking,securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities aresafeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capitalmarkets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explainhow we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner toour clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth andeconomic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public'strust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making apositive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is acommon set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employeesshould work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to executeagainst our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperativeand a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life,every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflectthis same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster aculture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promotedbased on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and whereopportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of almost 2000professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients andcustomers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division providesindependent assessments of the company's governance, risk management andinternal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board ofDirectors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. InternalAudit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture ofCitigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision makingaround the globe.
This role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategicdirection in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reportingmethodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the functionto ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and alignedwith Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and for a sub set of a productline/function entity ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value addedassurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards ofCitigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators,globally.
Citigroup's Chief Technology Office (CTO), the Chief Data Office(CDO) and Operations & Technology Risk Management (OTRM) functions arecomprised approximately 7,000 staff. TheCTO is responsible for Citi's overall Information Technology strategy. Thisrole will be responsible for development and completion of an effective auditplan that provides thorough, risk based coverage for the Global FunctionsTechnology groups in NAM and also closely coordinate globally. They will be responsible for building andmanaging relationships with senior technology and functional management in theregion, as well as working closely with the other regional Heads of TechnologyAudit and functional auditors to ensure delivery of a plan of work thatprovides assurance over the key risks for the technology applications andprocesses
* Contributes tostrategic direction of Citi's Internal Audit (IA) function in the establishmentof risk based auditing and branch examinations, which include reportingmethodologies, organizational design and effective positioning of the functionto ensure provision of independent assurance. This is to be consistent andaligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives.
* Uses excellentcommunication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a widerange of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regionalexecutive management partners and external audiences including regulators andexternal auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and externalnegotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly onthe organization as a whole.
* Directs auditactivities supporting a sub set of a product line, function, or legal entity atthe global or regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies,and local regulations. Responsible for providing valued and timely independentassurance on the design and operating effectiveness of a sub set of a product,function, or legal entity at a global or regional level.
* Responsiblefor the delivery of high quality, value-added multiple concurrent audits ontime and to specification.
* Ensures thedelivery of audit reports and (where appropriate) branch examinations, that arecomplete, insightful, timely, error free and concise.
* Ensures timelydelivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issuevalidation, and where determined appropriate issue validation on otherremediation actions, including issues arising from the external auditors,consultants and other parties.
* Contributestowards the delivery of high impact reports of IA's contributions to executivemanagement, regulators, and Citigroup and Citibank boards' sub-committees,developing trend analyses and thematic reporting.
* Managesmultiple teams of professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages abudget. Identifies internal talent and fills key positions, attracts talentwith required expertise to meet the risk profile of the business, builds deepbench strength and develops appropriate succession plans.
* Possesses abroad and comprehensive understanding of multiple disciplines (Audit, Risk,Compliance, and Training) and of different Audit standards, policies and localregulations; applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of high risk areasincluding Consumer or Investment Banking, corporate functions, technologymanagement; project/program management; or supplier management.
* Deliverslearning and development programs and is a recognized leader in training anddeveloping others.
* Developsapproaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate management bestpractices across Internal Audit and both Citibank and Citigroup.
* Delivers costeffective and efficient management of audit teams and audit engagements.
* Ensures IAmeets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of Citibank's and Citigroup'sregulators.
* Works closelyand collegially within IA and with line management and control functions toensure efficient and effective provision of independent audit assurance.
* Collaboratesacross businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification,measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk managementand internal control environments.
* Takesresponsibility and accountability of audit's coverage and reporting on commonhigh risks areas such KYC, AML, Risk, Finance, Fraud, Technology, Sanctions,and Consent Orders and other enforcement action compliance.
* Activelysupports and drives the Internal Audit Transformation Program and IA's andmanagement's efforts for Citi to have a "Strong" internal audit function andfor Citi to have "Strong" control functions.
* Fully supportsand endorses the Quality Assurance function of Internal Audit and promptlyaccepts and remediates deficiencies found by QA.
* Ensures theadoption of the appropriate portions of the Citigroup and Citibank AuditCommittee Charters and the Internal Audit Charter for applicable legalentities.
* Proactivelyadvances integrated auditing concepts. Leverages Internal Audit's Centres ofExcellence to improve audit processes and coverage.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA,ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Advanced level experience in a related role withextensive experience in business, functional and people management, with provenabilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio ofhigh quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regardingtechnology application control disciplines and a strong understanding ofcorporate functions, especially those associated with Risk, CorporateFunctions, Tax, Treasury Finance, AML, and Compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams andmanaging integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrixreporting environment.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has welldeveloped listening skills, and a strong ability to engage a group ofaccomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a variety ofaudit matters while carefully balancing the independent requirements of the IAfunction.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'nosurprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustainingindependent views. This individual mustbe an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, withan energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with alllevels of internal and external audit and senior management.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track recordin managing teams and making a positive impact on the organization.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17068778