Global Category Director - Chemicals & Minerals (OFS), Houston or Sugar Land, TX
Baker Hughes, a GE company(NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integratedoilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storiedheritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its peopleto enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire,transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely,with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed bythe digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines andthe cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughsfrom other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to serviceinfuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventingsmarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company onTwitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BakerHughes, a GE Company is currently hiring for a Global Category Director -Chemicals & Minerals role based in Sugar Land or Houston, TX
The Global Category Director -Chemicals & Minerals will be responsible for the management of Oil FieldServices approximate $1.1B of global chemicals and minerals spend and supplybase. The position will be responsible for connecting with the Product Linesand understanding their unique business requirements for chemicals,establishing sourcing strategy for the various categories, managing globalsuppliers, supporting innovation needs with supplier expertise, and achievingother valuable contributions in the chemicals and minerals category.
- Leverages business acumen and functional expertise to contributeto the strategic direction of Oil Field Services global businesses
- Develops and implements long-term and annual operating plans forthe category utilizing the Sourcing and Category management expertise.
- Identifies strategic partners and delivers improved products andlower costs to the organization through supplier management, strategicsourcing, category management, and total cost principles.
- Leverages strong project and change management skills to drivecontinuous improvements for the commodity. Introduces innovative strategies forthe commodity.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops commodity team and extendedstakeholder team talent.
- Builds a diverse, high performing category team and associatedorganization.
- Builds and leverages relationships and networks across theorganization. Uses personal influence skills rather than position power topersuade others and gain support.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree and CPM/ CPIM preferred
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of broad sourcing leadership experience in the Chemicals industry preferably Oil Field Chemicals, across a large multi-location, global business.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the petroleum refining, Oil Field Chemicals or petrochemical industries.
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements to support the business strategy.
- Have managed at least $500M + in annualized spend in direct material for Chemicals.
- Strong influencing skills in a decentralized environment
- Ability to manage and develop talent
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a Chemical Engineering or business field of study
- Supply Chain professional certification such as CPSM, APICS, CSCP, CSCM, CPM or equivalent would be advantageous
- Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- Advanced SAP knowledge and experience
Baker Hughes, aGE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are madewithout regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteranstatus or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Job Reference #: 1818303