Global Clinical Manager - Education, CCS Service
The Global Clinical Education Manager will drive the customer experience, clinical implementation, adoption and maintenance of GEHC CCS Service Digital Expert product. This role will report to the Global Product Manager for User performance for CCS Services. This role will define and translate proper product user experience requirements and drive clinical implementation of exiting and new digital education solutions. In addition, this role will manage a global team of clinical experts
- Drive the implementation, adoption and maintenance of key product functions across a global user community.
- Partner with commercial teams to drive market penetration and user implementation of the Digital Expert program.
- Develop strategies to leverage the Digital Expert platform within GE (Internal Customers) to drive down costs within the organization.
- Work directly with product developers and business leaders on key integration projects to ensure clinical alignment with scope/requirements are realized.
- Manage ongoing clinical and technological aspects of the program, identify risks and key product deliverable throughout implementation cycle by leveraging continuous QA, market system validation, and data analytics.
- Liaise with GE global colleagues and functional program managers to meet business requirements and regional priorities.
- Maintain a real-time perspective of clinical market and education use-case trends across all imaging modalities and develop expert trainer teams that meet the needs of customers in a global marketplace.
- Understand and consider the impact of the application of technology solutions within the programs being managed and seek opportunities to integrate existing and future technologies with the Digital Expert.
- Manage the clinical curriculum and instructional design processes for the Digital Expert program, ensuring that all the latest technologies in design and clinical features are represented throughout the Digital Expert program.
- Facilitate communications and work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the programs.
- Maintain and collect data against key milestones, prepare program status reports.
- Work with the Digital team on enhancements and features of new and existing projects/programs within CCS Service.
- Work closely with the Product Manager in execution and expansion of the Digital Expert product across the globe and CCS product segments.
- Develop and sustain Reference Sites/ Luminaries ‘collaborations.
- Provide management and application content support to sales teams globally and coordinate Advanced Application team to deliver (clinical education) studies and create selling tools.
- Interface between Product, commercial marketing and advanced applications to integrate product roadmap requirements.
- Develop (clinical) competition intelligence to support the field with counter arguments and selling advantages.
- Plan, conduct and report customer related application projects/pilots.
- Communicate customer feedback to central and Product teams for pilots and NPIs, transfer (clinical) expertise into product roadmap definition.
- Establish and maintain close contacts and collaboration with external researchers (directly and through sales organization) to build a network of high profile customers by developing advanced applications with them and create or sustain Reference sites.
- Participate in Medical Advisory Board meetings to build application roadmap and provide input to Product Marketing.
- Assist with the reporting of data at scientific congresses, customer seminars and internal training events.
- Support the development, maintenance, improvement & implementation of working routines/standards for experimental procedures, reporting of consultancy projects, contracts with customers.
- Facilitate and support the transfer of this information into the corresponding marketing and product management teams.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of both on-going strategic and ad-hoc tactical projects.
- Assist with customer engagements, focus groups, user groups, advisory boards and other market-related activities to assist in the collection, definition and validation of market needs and requirements Quality Specific Goals.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in one of the following or similar disciplines: Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Radiologic Technology.
- ARDMS and ARRT Certification in at least one of the following specialties: Ultrasound (AB, OB/GYN, RVT, CV), Radiography (RT, CT, MRI, PET)
- Highly qualified in clinical applications
- At least 10 yrs experience in clinical / medical industry.
- 3+ yrs sales and customer contact experience.
- 3+ yrs product management and/or development experience
- Experience in communicating scientific data (talks, posters, papers)
- Master’s degree in a relevant scientific or clinical discipline preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using the FastWorks methodology of product development and design.
- Project/Program management experience.
- Experience in global and cross-cultural work environment.
- Experience working horizontally across variable segments and businesses.
- Experience with the administration and configuration of complex systems.
- Ability/willingness to work varied hours based on global requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in compressed timeframes.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Ability to convert business objectives to action - balance conceptual vision with tangible accomplishments.
- Ability to think strategically and influence decisions with key business leaders.
- Ability to translate clinical perspectives to technological outcomes and tools.
- Ability to assess needs, create a clear vision, set ambitious goals and inspire others to move in a well-defined direction.
- Ability to build diverse teams of trainers and achieve singular vision buy-in among diverse subordinates.
- Willingness to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%; including overnight stays when needed.
- Familiarity with GE’s processes and business environment.
- Strong internal and external Learning & Development network and established credibility.
- Work experience in a regulated environment.
- Teaching ability: present complex material/ techniques in comprehensible terms, present a professional image.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa
Job Reference #: 3182953