Global Compliance Associate Instructional Designer
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Compliance Practices
Global Compliance Practices plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining a program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
Global Compliance Training
Global Compliance Training is a team within Global Compliance Practices with responsibility for identifying, assessing, and prioritizing training needs and for the development, delivery, and reporting of compliance training globally across the firm, supporting the Lines of Business (LOBs) and Corporate/Support Functions. Compliance training coverage includes Compliance as well as Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC), including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance, and OFAC/Sanctions Compliance.
This team, in partnership with the Compliance Training Leads and Chief Compliance Officers across the firm, helps to design the approach to the firm's compliance training program and centrally coordinates and continually enhances these core compliance training processes. The Global Compliance Training team also partners with the Compliance business infrastructure team to design the needed tools to support the program.
The Instructional Designer will be a member of the Global Compliance Training team and will report into the Training Development Director. This position is responsible for developing effective compliance training content and solutions for the LOBs, Regions and Corporate/Support Functions, supporting the delivery of the annual Global Compliance Training Plan.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and implement learning solutions using instructional design principles and adult learning theory to support the LOBs, Regions and Corporate/Support Functions
- Design and develop interactive and innovative instructional materials including learning objectives, storyboards and assessments
- Develop effective and high quality compliance training content
- Responsible for managing individual workload throughout the training development process, including:
- Meeting project deadlines
- Staying within project budget
- Engaging with appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the project
- Communicating and documenting project status
- Obtaining appropriate SME approvals for training courses
- Partner with Digital Learning Services (DLS) or external training development vendors, as appropriate, to design high quality compliance training, including e-Learning courses
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to understand key objectives and requirements for the development of compliance training solutions
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required
- Minimum of 2 years of learning and development related experience, including experience in instructional design and adult learning theory, preferably within the financial services industry
- Experience applying adult learning methodology in a corporate training setting
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors
- Working knowledge of project management disciplines to ensure appropriate implementation of processes to govern training design and development projects
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and to clearly articulate key messages and strategies
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong control mindset
- Experience with Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline, and understanding their capabilities
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180087406