Global Compliance - GFCC Training Program Manager - Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) is responsible for developing the requirements and standards for, and providing guidance and oversight of, the firm's Programs and Controls relating to the firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of core functions, as well as dedicated Line of Business (LOB) and Regional teams.
GFCC partners with key stakeholders to identify, assess, and quantify the level of risk associated with the firm's products, services, customers, transactions and geographic locations to develop appropriate policies, procedures and processes to monitor, control and mitigate the associated risks. Key partners include Legal, Operations, Oversight & Control, Technology, Audit and Business Initiative Leads (BILs).
Global Compliance Practices plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining a program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
Global Compliance Training is a team within Global Compliance Practices with responsibility for identifying, assessing, and prioritizing training needs and for the development, delivery, and reporting of compliance training globally across the firm, supporting the Lines of Business (LOBs) and Corporate/Support Functions. Compliance training coverage includes Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC).
This team, in partnership with the Compliance Training Leads and Chief Compliance Officers across the firm, helps to design the approach to the firm's compliance training program and centrally coordinates and continually enhances core compliance training processes. The Global Compliance Training team also partners with the Compliance business infrastructure team to design the needed tools to support the program.
The GFCC Training Program Manager will be a member of the Global Compliance Training team and will report into the Global Compliance Training Design and Development Director. The position is responsible for the overall management and oversight of the enterprise GFCC Training Program, as well as oversight of a team of Content Specialists/Course Facilitators that develop and deliver AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training to the Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening Teams.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
Enterprise GFCC Training Program:
- Develop and document the strategic approach for the enterprise-wide GFCC training program, which includes training on BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions topics
- Manage the GFCC enterprise-wide training program by ensuring that GFCC training needs are identified and assessed globally using risk based and control deficiency inputs to drive a risk focused and targeted GFCC training plan
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders, including the GFCC Horizontal Program Owner and GFCC Compliance Officers supporting the LOBs, Regions and Functions, to understand key GFCC risks and training needs to mitigate such risks
- Responsible for development and management of the Global AML Enterprise training course
Specialized GFCC Training Program:
- Strategically set the direction and approach of the BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training program for the Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening teams
- Coordinate and maintain procedures and governing documents for the AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training program
- Manage the AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training program by ensuring that needs are identified, assessed and captured to drive a risk focused training plan
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to understand key objectives and requirements for the development of specialized training solutions for the Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening teams
- Facilitate the roll-out of large-scale global projects within Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening that have an AML or OFAC/Sanctions related specialized training requirement
- Develop the training plan
- Execute the plan according to established procedures and project timelines
- Directly advise, manage and oversee a team of GFCC Content Specialists/Course Facilitators in:
- Delivering AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training to the Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening teams located in Brooklyn, NY, Newark, DE, San Antonio, TX, EMEA, APAC, LatAm and Canada
- Developing and implementing best practices for coordinating and creating specialized training to mitigate AML risk for Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening using classroom, virtual and/or e-learning methods
- Conducting course content review and refresh as per the course catalogue prioritized schedule; obtaining required business and GFC Legal content approvals
- Developing, documenting and implementing new hire curriculums that provide the necessary knowledge to effectively complete the role of an investigator or analyst within Global AML Investigations, Sanctions, Coverage Strategy and Client List Screening
- Ensuring consistent quality of training content and adherence to Compliance Training and Firm-wide governance processes and procedures
- Develop and manage the in-person and virtual AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training schedule for Global AML Investigations teams; coordinating the logistics to deploy the training and ensuring it is delivered in a timely and professional manner
- Review learner survey results and utilize feedback, as applicable, to enhance course content and/or delivery
- Implement appropriate effectiveness measurements for applicable AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training courses and utilize the output to continuously enhance the courses
- Function as a strategic consultant and point of contact with internal clients/stakeholders
- Provide support for internal and external exams (i.e. internal audit or testing, regulators), impacting the AML and OFAC/Sanctions specialized training program
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) required
- Minimum of 7 years of Global Financial Crimes Compliance and training related experience, including experience with components of a global AML Compliance Program, AML transaction monitoring and investigations functions
- Demonstrated knowledge of anti-money laundering concepts, laws and regulations
- Proven ability to manage the logistics associated with developing and executing a training plan
- Experience applying adult learning methodology in a corporate training setting
- Proven ability to work independently in a leadership role as well as within a larger multi-discipline team in an ever-changing and complex environment
- Experience working with global audiences/learners and remote teams
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and to clearly articulate key messages and strategies
- Experience in effectively managing and motivating staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively across different businesses, regions, and functional areas
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong control mindset
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180107309