Global Consumer Bank - Data Standards and EUC Lead
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi is committed to strengthen controls around data and ensure that quality data is included in our financial and management reports. Global Consumer Bank is working on an effort where End User Computing (EUC) tools will need to be identified, controlled and remediated.
- This position will report into the Data Standards Leader for Global Consumer Bank.This position will work closely with the Commercial Risk group, Operational Risk & Control, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Data Services Group, Information Technology, and Business stakeholders in all of the countries where Citi Global Consumer Bank has a footprint.
- This role is fundamental in helping executive management define, and govern the execution of the strategy in remediating EUCs in Citi's ecosystem. This role will conduct cross organization surveys to understand the EUC distribution and will create and provide executive management with scorecards to track EUC activity. This governance role will provide the oversight to review processes to identify EUCs, validate the controls around EUCs, and work with EUC owners and Technology to determine possible solutions to eliminate EUCs.
- This role will transform high level goals into action plans, that cross-functional stakeholders will execute.
- This leadership role will link Critical Data Elements (CDEs) to Enterprise Data Standards and will work with the Data Governance Leads to incorporate Data Standards into line of business scorecards.
- This leadership role will conduct the necessary activities related to controls outlined in the Citi Data Management Policy.
- Conducting data tracing through multiple people, workbooks, access databases and queries.
- Must be able to read excel formulas and MS Access code. SQL a plus.
- BS, BA, MBA Degree a plus
- Curiosity in understanding and improving business processes and efficiencies.
- Enjoys highly complex projects, with large amount of minutia. Is able to absorb the granular details and communicate it at an executive level.
- Prior experience in management reporting, data modeling, a plus.
- Candidates are required to have the ability to translate and articulate technical thoughts and ideas and have Fundamental understanding of data.
- Direct experience in business analysis on highly complex projects (Global Data warehouse consolidation).
- Direct experience with data linage and data tracing from report to source system or application a plus.
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining relationships with the business, analytics, technology, control, compliance and related stakeholders and subject matter experts to present and respond to metrics and participate in discussions with regard to the identification, design, and development of relevant processes, metrics, controls and communication materials.
- This position will be responsible for owning and managing the 2nd level reviews of the end-to-end process for data tracing and data sourcing of the key reports
- This position will have direct experience working with multiple LOBs, departments or functions to drive a common agenda
- This position is highly visible at the executive level and candidates must be able to communicate to executives and non-officers and be able to smoothly transition between the two communication styles
- Must be able to create and explain decision trees for highly complex workflows
- Must be successful and enjoy juggling multiple priorities
- Adapts well to change
- Is a positive and upbeat team player who is excited about new challenges
- This role is very visible to executive management (CFO, Head of Risk, Head of Data Governance, Head of Chief Data Office and Senior Business and Technology Managers)
- This role will work across multiple lines of business and engage with business heads and their leads
- This role responsibilities are fluid as this is a brand new area that Global Consumer Bank is standing up, day-to-day activities will change
- Works effectively with remote teams
These are the types of candidates we are looking for:
- Candidates should be a self-starter
- Highly motivated, enjoys lots of work, asks good questions, is comfortable asking questions
- Candidates must be able to take detailed minutiae and bubble it up to a very high level and the converse. Candidates should take high level plans and create actions and logical next steps.
- Candidates should be comfortable reaching out to people who have no knowledge and be able to explain what they are doing, why it is important and influence people to take action.
- Candidates should be able to prepare executive level presentations
- Candidates should be able to take critiques to work and learn from them and incorporate them into next body of work (learn)
- Candidates should have the ability to decipher data and identify what is important
**NOTE** The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18005490