Global Economist - Vice President
* Extensive years relevant work (including research) experience in economics, preferably in a financial institution or a policy institution. Experience in a central bank in a policy-relevant role would be highly desirable.
* Advanced understanding of monetary (and other types of macroeconomic) policy, including commonly used models for monetary policy analysis and the analysis of policy options.
* Experience in writing and presenting.
* Experience in collecting, processing and analysing data in a largely self-directed manner.
* Demonstration of an understanding of and enthusiasm for economic, political economy and market analysis.
* A Master's Degree is required; a PhD Degree in Economics or allied disciplines is desirable.
* Good working knowledge of applied quantitative techniques, as required for policy analysis.
* The ability to collect, manage, handle and analyse data and databases efficiently and rigorously.
* Deep familiarity with macroeconomic and financial concepts and some major economic databases.
* Demonstrated understanding of / strong interest in core economic methodologies.
* Ability to carry out qualitative research, including literature searches and summaries, informed evaluation of results and an intelligent read of the press and other media.
* High degree of comfort with statistical software (e.g. EViews, Stata, Matlab) and with MS office applications.
* Strong quantitative and other analytical skills.
* Accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
* Methodical approach and strong organizational capabilities.
* Efficiency and speed in carrying out tasks.
* Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and proven team player.
* Ability and willingness to learn quickly about new subjects.
* Positive attitude, drive and initiative.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
* Honesty, integrity and reputation
* Financial soundness
* Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Citi won't discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can't disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17055733