Global Head of Internal Audit - Learning & Development
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making globally.
The main purpose of this role is to enhance and implement the IA Talent & Development strategy on an ongoing basis. This program is one of IAs multi-year strategic initiatives and is designed to enable Auditors to establish and maintain a sustainable, diverse, high performance culture providing challenging opportunities to develop one's skills and career within Internal Audit and Citigroup.
The program of work covers development of all staff as well specific programs to develop IA leaders and talent. The program is a key driver of employee engagement and retention and is designed to ensure IA meets and exceeds applicable regulatory and industry standards including OCC skills and development Heightened Standards.
The role incumbent is expected to seek collaboration opportunities with colleagues across the three lines of defense to drive out best practice, economies of scale and strategic unified responses to regulators.
Talent & Development Strategy: Enhance and implement the IA multi-year development strategy to meet the IA People Development strategic goal to ‘establish and maintain a sustainable, diverse, high performance culture providing challenging opportunities to develop one's skills and career within Internal Audit and Citigroup' for over 1,800 auditors. The strategy must be designed to drive employee engagement, retention and enable IA to continue meeting or exceeding locally required requirements including OCC ‘Heightened Standards' and drive best practices for Internal Audit.
Programs prioritization and governance: Through consolidating input from Citi & IA strategy, emerging audit trends, skills assessment process, VOE and stakeholder feedback, the incumbent is responsible to agree the scope of the IA Talent & Development strategy with the IA Talent & Development Committee and COO and securing the budget and resources to deliver the program of work. S/he is responsible for ensuring the program is run with proper oversight via the governance forums.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering:
- Skills Assessment Process: Run and enhance the skills assessment process which enables IA to assess whether it has the skills and experience it requires to deliver the audit plan. The process needs to be able to efficiently identify any skill areas which need immediate attention and look forward to prevent skills gaps occurring. Ensure the outcome of this process drives the ‘Audit Essentials' program.
- Audit Essentials: Develop and deliver c. 20 hours training aligned to results of skill assessment, changing regulatory environment and audit practice. Adopt modern learning platforms available from corporate L&D.
- Management Capability linked to Citi culture work: Drive up management capability VOE scores by promoting ‘Leadership Starts with Us' programs and Citi leadership offerings. Develop training and engagement campaign to focus on feedback, coaching for performance and career development.
- Stakeholder engagement training: Develop and execute a program by C level designed to address key themes from Stakeholder feedback.
- Lead Auditor Academy: Enhance existing program, reduce cost whilst retaining quality
- Report Writing: Run report writing training through a combination of face to face and virtual learning.
- Technical Curriculum: Develop and implement a plan with QA to address priority technical development areas.
- Audit Analytics Foundation and Intermediate Academies: Work with the Audit Analytics team to develop and promote engagement with the Audit Analytics curriculum.
- Foundation Academy: Evergreen the Foundation Academy to keep it up to date with modern Audit practice.
- Talent Hipo program: In conjunction with HR develop and implement the talent strategy.
- Qualifications Programs: Run targeted qualifications programs for CFRIS, ACAMS, CFE and CIA. Facilitate all employees to be able to gain qualifications if part of their development plan.
- Graduate program: Develop and deliver bespoke training for IA graduate intake
Organizational responsibility & Resource management: The role holder is responsible for delivering the above program by leading a direct team of 4 employees (3 development facilitators and PMs and 1 coordinator) and indirectly the equivalent of 1 FTE from QA (formally agreed with QA) as well as approximately 2 FTE from operations. In addition this role is responsible for managing a wide range of external suppliers, consultants and internal subject matter experts within Internal Audit to deliver training.
Solutions focused Programs/multi-channel implementation: The role holder is responsible for ensuring the scope and design of programs address measurable Audit challenges. In creating the programs, the role holder needs to pull together expertise from across the function to develop solutions which may involve changes to process or procedure beyond training.
Innovation: Driving innovation in Audit is an IIA competency expectation and development of
programs needs to bring in fresh thinking to the function to challenge and improve how the function operates. The role holder is expected to keep abreast of Audit and learning industry trends to bring in fresh ideas to improve the efficiency of the function and impact Auditors make on Citi.
Budget management: Gain agreement for and manage the program budget.
ROI: Deliver ROI on the entire program and be able to demonstrate this via implementing a comprehensive evaluation strategy.
Stakeholder Engagement: Engage a wide range of stakeholders to develop and deliver the IA Program including but not limited to CAs, Business Managers, VOE Council, Operations teams globally, Corporate HR L& LD, in business functions learning teams and business stakeholders.
Regulatory response: Provide responses to global regulatory requests for matters relating to skills and learning.
- Experience working with programme/project management methodologies, lifecycle, approaches, tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of Learning & Development diagnostics and experience of developing and delivering L&D interventions a plus.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed environment; sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Experience/knowledge of working in a control function in financial services is a plus.
- Ability to work well under time pressure.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal; active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence by adopting a range of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience and objective.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels of seniority.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to influence to garner support for L&D initiatives
- Drive for innovation and efficiency - to promote new and better ways to operate
- Knowledge and relationships with L&D professionals outside Citi to learn new and better practices and be able to introduce them to others at Citi
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17075385