Global Human Resources Advisor, Markets and Securities Services
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Global Markets and Securities Services is a significant business within the Institutional Clients Group (ICG). The Markets and Securities Services business comprises of nine main global businesses; Credit, Commodities, Equities, FX & Local Markets, G10 Rates & Risk Treasury, Investor Services, Securitised Markets, Municipals and Capital Markets Origination. Markets and Securities Services business has a wide geographic footprint in multiple cities across the globe.
The Global Markets Human Resources Advisor will work closely with Specialist Functions in Compensation, Learning & Development, Recruitment, Program management and Talent to provide partnership to the business on anything all human capital activity. This includes Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management, Lateral Recruitment, and Year-End Compensation Planning.
- Provide comprehensive and strategic HR partnership with businesses in Markets and Securities Services.
- Interpret what HR strategies are necessary to deliver the business results and translate business strategy into HR priorities, including effective talent management, enhanced Manager Capability and Manager Effectiveness.
- Lead business and HR projects/initiatives including organizational efficiency reviews, high potential development programs, ongoing diversity initiatives, talent reviews, succession planning, annual performance management process, year-end activities including promotional process and compensation.
- Partner with the business to give managers thoughtful and effective coaching on people management and organizational issues including organizational design, change management, reduction in force, team building and overall effectiveness.
- Identify/suggest solutions to better align people resources with business strategy (right people in right jobs and right locations); facilitate organization change as required by the business.
- Role requires successful management of internal/ external relationships across HR disciplines and ability to establish strong working partnerships across different functions.
- Improve HR capability by partnering with other members of the HR team to develop and implement new and/or improved programs and processes.
- Partner with HRPS and HRSS colleagues to deliver HR solutions that contribute and enable the business to evolve to meet marketplace and regulatory demands.
- Develop key business partnerships and lead initiatives that build capabilities in staffing, identifying/building talent, performance management, aligning/defining organizational structure and management effectiveness
- Drive HR capability by partnering with other members of the HR team to develop and implement new and/or improved programs and processes.
- Business Advisor who has experience interfacing, coaching and influencing at the senior manager level.
- Exceptional partnership skills both with the business and within the HR function.
- Strong business acumen and analytical ability with capability of identifying business trends and opportunities
- Experience in partnering with senior leaders in the development of HR strategies.
- Results Oriented - able to define goals and metrics, develop actionable plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes; has a sense of urgency and fosters the same in others.
- Communications - able to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles.
- Accountability - assumes ownership for achieving personal results and collective goals.
- Teamwork - acts as a catalyst for formulating a cooperative environment to achieve a common purpose.
- Change Orientation - works effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid change; maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations; a change agent.
- Strong communication, influence, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and managing relationships with clients.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and follow up.
- 8 years of human resource advisor experience in a fast paced environment
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field or Masters/MBA.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18000918