Global Legal Solution Operations Analyst
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Responsible for the compliance (against CEMP and Legal's Outside Counsel Policy (Terms of Engagement)) and handling of legal invoices in accordance with the respective regional addendum.
- Perform accounting reclassifications according to regional procedures while coordinating with respective GLS Regional Officer and ESC and update matter management and eBilling legal systems respectively.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of invoices that have been placed on hold as well as any invoice rejections.
- Provide written and at times verbal support to incoming inquiries from both internal and external customers across all regions.
- Investigate report and propose course of action regarding outstanding receivables from law firms and vendors while interfacing with the respective GLS Regional Officer.
- Liaisons closely with attorneys and Global Legal Support staff in all practice areas and business sectors.
- Utilizes the service delivery channel to provide assistance to external and internal customer base while maintaining effective, relevant operational metrics.
- Identifies operational and technical issues and adequately, efficiently and effectively relays these concerns in a concise and precise manner.
- Protects sensitive, confidential and legal information and vigilantly ensures that Citi's interests are appropriately considered at all times.
- Responsible for adding Temporary Exception firms to matters in Citi's legal systems.
- Support the upload of timekeepers to Citi's electronic legal billing systems AIMS.
- Maintenance of the Law Firm and Vendor entity table within Citi's legal systems.
- Manage & coordinate supplier request submissions to P2P (payables system) across the regions and ensuring that such requests are handled in a timely manner with proper documentation on file.
- Responsible for law firm panel structure maintenance as well as new request due diligence; communicate with respective RO to address outstanding questions and achieve resolution.
- Work on special projects as they arise.
- The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills to enable evaluation of trends in billing behavior and possess the necessary communication skills to present these to management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Advance skills in MS Excel, Visio, MS Word, MS Access and PowerPoint skills.
- 3 years working in a Legal, Financial, Regulatory or Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable position with a strong focus on customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible work schedule, potentially outside of the 9-5 business hours.
- Ability to understand unique process requirements, interdependencies, and eloquently explain them.
- Possess highly detailed planning, organization, and solid execution capability.
- Ability to multi-task, along with working in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Flexible, adaptable, responsive, positive; Results oriented
- Service Excellence mindset; must be able to influence key partners and be persuasive while working with cross-functional teams.
- Bilingual language skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Exercise sound judgment
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Advance skills in MS Excel, Visio, MS Word, MS Access and PowerPoint skills
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17070018