Global Legal Solutions Regional Operations Officer
With the support of the GLS Leadership and Operational Analysts, ROOs will be accountable for the strategy, design, quality and timeliness of the end-to-end Regional Legal Operations including but not limited to:
Law Firm governance, on-boarding and inclusion process within the Citi Legal Panel Structure
Law Firm spend management, including oversight of value benefits (e.g., secondees, CLE, volume, and prompt pay discounts)
Law Firm performance review and maintenance
Law Firm compliance with Citi's Outside Counsel Terms, Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines, and Third Party Management requirements
Maintenance and adherence to operational service level agreements and key operational metrics
- Develop, implement and manage a Regional Legal Operations Delivery model with direct oversight and accountability for the region
- Accountable for the end-2-end supplier onboarding and payment cycle for law firms providing guidance and direction to outside counsel and non-legal vendors
- Supervise the regional legal operations analysts in Belfast/Mumbai, responsible for ensuring production work is completed and service level agreements are being met
- Organize and conduct regional reviews with Internal Counsel and produce Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to monitor effectiveness and efficiency
- Conduct audits of legal operational processes and report findings in the MCA Legal Program. Based on the audit and quality control exercise results, instruct on process fixes (if any) and communicate throughout the organization as needed
- Serve as the single point of contact for the regional LMC member, senior management team and country counsel for purposes of all legal operations matters.
- Represent the region in the design, testing and implementation of applicable changes to the operational delivery processes, structure and policies
- Propose and influence efficiencies to the global legal operational framework if/as needed
- Manage and triage resolution of regional operational escalations, exception requests (e.g., authorizing law firm billable hourly rates and exception payments) by partnering with internal GLS functional leads and respective partners outside GLS
- Develop measures to monitor and maintain regional compliance with existing and newly issued corporate wide policies, standards and guidelines
- Manage any issues/exceptions derived from the implementation of such policies in the region by partnering with Legal's Third Party Officer (TPO) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across Enterprise and Operational Risk Management and Compliance and Controls Initiatives to develop, implement and manage applicable process improvement plans
- Seasoned and dynamic professional with experience in managing global programs.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
- Ability to achieve goals through direct and indirect influence and collaboration.
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to build relationships both within a team and across external departments.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking. Ability to influence and leverage relationships within and outside the Legal Function.
- Consensus building skills; excellent communication skills (oral and written) and proven mastery of presentation.
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to execute on required deliverables and drive results; superior project management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking ability, as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure. Leads and drives work in partnerships with clients- seen as a trusted advisor.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a multinational financial organization with direct responsibility within the legal operations.
- Corporate Legal experience and accounting/finance background, Shared Services and Relationship Management experience a plus.
- Individual must be able to navigate through a very diverse network of multiple cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with managing/overseeing/driving a global strategy with the skill set to apply standards locally to the extent possible as defined by local laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or commensurate work experience. Accounting or Finance experience preferred
- Experience in matter management and electronic billing systems. AIMS experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office: Excel (V lookup, pivot tables, charts, and formulas), Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access preferred.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Must take initiative and be proactive in communicating promptly with in-house client base. Solution-focused.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated diligence, attention-to-detail and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated time management and project management.
- Experience in writing and delivering webinar-based training and standard operating process guides preferred.
- Bilingual language skills preferred.
- Outstanding influence and communications skills, particularly with senior executives. Client centric mindset. Sought after for subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance.
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition.
- Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
- Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with fellow colleagues and vendors at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
- Deliver extraordinary results
- A proactive approach to solving problems. Must be capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion in a timely manner.
- Efficient and able to understand and anticipate the needs of a global organization.
- Accept responsibility for personal development and actions. Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17070015