Global People Support Employee Relations Case Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Join Global People Support (GPS) and help lead part of an innovative and evolving Employee Relations (ER) team, who helps JPMorgan Chase & Co. managers across the globe build their people management skills, deliver a great employee experience and fulfill the JPMorgan Chase & Co. business principles all while being an employee advocate.
Reporting to the GPS ER Team Manager, this GPS ER Case Manager will be a part of a team of experienced ER Professionals; providing ER guidance and counsel to managers and employees at all levels regarding the full range of people practices.
S/He will also partner with HR colleagues and Business Managers to implement appropriate strategies, plans and interventions to develop and/or maintain a high performing work environment.
- Consult with managers and employees on HR/ER programs and processes.
- Coach Managers to help them strengthen their people leadership skills; serve as a sounding board and confidante during difficult interactions and business situations.
- When appropriate, engage the GPS ER Speciality Team, GPS Investigations Team, Corporate Employee Relations and Global Securities and Investigations as well as the aligned HR Business Partner to assist in resolving serious workplace situations.
- Execute on a robust risk and controls agenda.
- Be apart of small scale projects impacting multiple lines of businesses; proactively identify and update key stakeholders.
Background & Requirements
- 3 years experience in HR/ER; consultative, phone-based HR/ER experience a plus.
- Experience working with multiple partner groups including but not limited to Legal counsel & Compliance professionals.
Business & HR Acumen
- Knowledgeable of HR practices, understanding of financial impact of HR decisions, knowledge of the financial services industry, and a global mindset to drive JPMorgan Chase & Co. business performance.
- Knowledgeable of State and Federal (U.S.) employment laws, as well as Canadian employment and labor laws.
- Knowledge of full range of ER practices; performance management & corrective action support, code of conduct investigations, workplace issues and conflicts including management practices concern, disputes and appeals, etc.
Consulting & Advising
- Consults and partners with stakeholders to accurately diagnose issues and provide advice and solutions that maximize business results.
- Consulting/problem resolution experience with demonstrated ability to influence all employee levels from front line to senior leaders.
- Solid communicator; proactively identifies and engages key stakeholders.
- Able to size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations. Provides insight to clients to assess issues/potential risks and recommends actions to reach balanced solutions.
- Adjust readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
Problem Solving/Decision Making & Risk & Controls
- Identifies issues using critical thinking, data analytics and judgment to make fact based decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates expected risk/controls behaviors by holding self and others accountable to operate within established procedures/parameters and to proactively prevent and/or address risk and control issues.
- Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends.
- Operational mindset and effective project management skills to promote engagement and participation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of project management skills to execute established change plans and other initiatives, while tracking progress and results.
- Presents suggestions for change, including supporting rationale and resources that will help to implement and sustain change, and evaluates them for consistency with the desired future state.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Human Resource Management or equivalent Human Resource experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180105481