Global Real Estate, Director of Engineering
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
JPMorgan Chase Corporate Real Estate is responsible for a worldwide occupancy portfolio of 75 million square feet across 61 countries in over 6,500 properties. Specifically, the position provides support to the GRE Global Head of Property Management on matters related to operations, sustainability and strategy.
This position requires an Engineer professional to oversee the Commercial Office portfolio and staff.
- Support all engineering and technical service aspects of property management in JPMC's commercial real estate portfolio
- Oversee third party providers responsible for daily activities ensuring critical systems, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems are operating optimally
- Ability to respond and report to senior leadership on engineering and technical service issues
- Support all Property and Facility Managers with commercial portfolio operations, including MEP projects, routine activities, service provider engagements,
- Support Sustainability team with development of utility budgets, energy reporting, and strategic initiatives to reduce/improve energy performance
- Ability to integrate with Transactions, Portfolio Management, Finance, and Design & Construction on regional strategic planning decisions and approval processes related to major critical system projects, retrofits and upgrades
- Support regional teams with due diligence, start-up and commissioning of critical systems
- Provide support to other functional heads in attending to above building standard HVAC and electrical requirements, including negotiations with representatives and consulting engineers.
- Provide support to Design & Construction in matters covering mechanical and electrical installations, in construction areas where size and complexity require MEP project management.
- Act as SME on engineering and technical service relationships, contractors, negotiations, and supervision
- Develop and oversee engineering strategies;
- Establish preventative maintenance programs
- Establish Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ), chemical treatment, cooling tower water quality standards and programs
- Inspections and code compliance
- Equipment and systems testing procedures
- Environmental issues, i.e., refrigerant replacement programs, asbestos removal
- Modifications to enhance operations and reduce energy costs
- Engineering of constant volume dual duct systems to new tenant VAV distribution networks ( supervise and approve)
- Develop emergency generator maintenance and resiliency criteria
- Electrical distribution system analysis
- Oversee the entire regional engineering staff and determine final personnel issues pertaining to them.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in building engineering operations with a background in refrigeration and critical systems
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles
- Requires intermediate analytical skills
- Uses computer for work order system, email,
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of OSHA standards
- Operates with high level of integrity and ethical conduct
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Results Driven
- Building automation experience a plus
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180105967