Global Security Threat Intelligence Sr. Analyst
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Intelligence & Analysis (GIA) program within Citi Security & Investigative Services (CSIS) combines a specialized global intelligence research and analytical resources, in support of threat (cyber, fraud & security) intelligence and business analytics.
The Global Security Threat Intelligence Sr. Analyst position is responsible for coordinating, refining and executing security threat intelligence analysis and production in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position oversees all implemented processes and tasks pertaining to the analysis and production of global security assessments and specialized products in consultation with internal clients and senior leadership.
In support of CSIS global functions, the analyst will conduct and support strategic and operational analysis of security threats and geopolitical risks faced by Citi and its businesses globally. This includes assessing the full spectrum of security threats, including, but not limited to, geo-political and regional conflicts, political and social unrest, organized crime, terrorism, non-state actors, rule of law and economic stability. The analysis will be based on internal and external data/reporting and further developed in collaboration with a variety of CSIS and Citi units. The position requires a high level of intelligence management expertise dealing with physical security related threats, political and violent risk, and associated intelligence program development and business engagement. The analyst will be required to build partnerships with other internal stakeholders and private/public sector entities responsible for threat related operations, threat monitoring, and crisis management and response. The individual will regularly engage with internal and external stakeholders to define intelligence requirements and develop innovative solutions that solve specified problems. The individual will support development of intelligence production standards, product marketing, client engagement, and value of investment modeling. Additionally, the position will be responsible for seeking improvements in intelligence methodologies used for creating new solutions and analytical models - based on subject matter expertise in identified security threat areas for the company.
In support of CSIS Global functions, the incumbent will coordinate all relationships and interactions with Command Centers, Crisis Management units, senior leadership, internal Citi partners, vendors and external engagement where it applies specifically to security threat intelligence analytical support. The Analyst will act as project manager for key strategic projects and partner with regional staff to support related products, collection management, and analysis. The position requires the ability to turn difficult and evolving threat activities into business questions and structured analytical solutions, which drives changes, mitigation strategies, impacts risks management processes and informs senior decision makers; up to and including the Chief Security Officer (CSO) and senior business executives.
This position will be based in Tampa, Florida and report directly to the CSIS GIA Senior Manager.
- Function as a subject matter expert on security threat streams and delivering all-source intelligence productions and analytical assessments.
- Gather, analyze produce and disseminate intelligence information and products as tasked.
- Produces briefings/presentations and presents information to clients, internal stakeholders and/or leadership.
- Meet deadlines and maintain consistency with updating schedule for various products and services; pro-actively seek out new information to include in products
- Identify technology and software-based solutions to enhance analytical efficiencies/quality and client engagement.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to identify strategic intelligence gaps across CSIS and develop innovative solutions to close identified gaps.
- Develop procedures and processes to standardize, industrialize, and enhance security intelligence production.
- Apply theory and methods to collect, organize, analyze, interpret, and summarize reports and information to provide actionable intelligence and situational awareness to decision makers.
- Manage relationships and collaborate with key threat intelligence vendors to produce analysis on internal investigative/incident data and external reporting.
- Builds partnerships with other Citi units responsible for investigative, intelligence, or security related operations, monitoring, crisis management and response.
- Liaison with a broad network of public/private sector partners on threat intelligence issues and identifies industry trends and threats.
- Conduct reviews of analysis of threats that create a risk to the company, its employees, shareholders, assets and clients.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and anticipate the problems and product/solution needs of our clients.
- Be well versed in conducting forecasting and ‘over the horizon' threat analysis.
- Minimum BA preferred, post graduate degrees welcomed.
- Minimum of seven (7) years senior level analytical experience related to security intelligence analysis (private or government), geopolitical risk, statistical/data analysis, or relevant experience in large, complex environments. Previous experience with private sector organization is preferred.
- Extensive experience in use of intelligence and mapping software to include i2 Analyst Notebook, Semantica or Palantir.
- Proven ability in translating business questions / problems into hypotheses to test and solve using advanced analytical techniques.
- Ability to conduct effective and combined qualitative and quantitative intelligence analysis to provide impactful findings and holistic understanding of threat issues.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively through all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and independent operator with the ability and maturity to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions and operate in fast paced and dynamic settings.
- Excellent project management skills and experience and the ability to coordinate several projects and lead contributors simultaneously to execute daily duties with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize the work of geographically dispersed team members through production requirement understanding, quality standards, and client needs.
- Proven track record of unit level implementation of open and non-open source intelligence gathering techniques, including strong use of commercial databases and expansive online research.
- Demonstrated examples of process/procedure development and implementation to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Brings a professional network of industry and government relationships.
- Experience in use and implementation of new technology and software tools for analytical program improvements and information management.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint - demonstrated creativity in use of these products to solve analytical problems.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17073333