Global Services Manufacturing Engineer
The Global Services Manufacturing Engineer will need to provide technical expertise to define Services BOM across the full Subsea Services product portfolio (Rental, Intervention equipment, Subsea XT). They will work across the different services site and with engineers to define best practice and define standard maintenance routes applicable across all subsea services shops.
* Create Services BOM defining items needing trace/inspection for all regions
* Create Standard maintenance routes defining standard replacement parts & hours
* Define Standard test equipment for each work scopes
* Work with engineering and shops to ensure inspection standard are defined across different scopes
* Work with all regions to reduce repair lead-times by sharing & defining best practices.
* Assess Actual hours vs Standard hours for the different region and work to close the gaps.
* Participate in continuous improvement project across ERP/Engineering system to simplify work across regions
* Review lesson learnt during project execution to adjust/change standard routes and standard inspection
* Engineering degree or relevant experienced Manufacturing Engineer. Must have an excellent level of understanding of subsea equipment. Strong analytical & problem-solving skills, data analysis.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean techniques, ERP & Quality Management System.
* Excellent level of understanding of process and design. Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively. Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing & presentations.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
* Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Experience of using Oracle/Teamcenter software
* Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt desirable
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo, or visit us at http://www.bhge.com.
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen
Job Reference #: 3205967