Group Technical Program Manager - GCG: Global Digital and Cloud Technology
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
At Citi, we believe in using the power of modern engineering technologies and practices to serve both our clients and our communities. Increasingly, with the adoption of smart phones and watches and the cloud-based computing solutions that back them, individuals carry their compute capabilities on their person allowing them to manage the transactions that make up their lives in the moment and as they see fit. Our mobile first banking strategy was established to ensure that we embrace this change, leap frogging traditional banking paradigms to drive the creation of the bank of tomorrow. No mean feat. To advance this change the Global Digital and Cloud Technology organization has been designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services. At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. And we believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Are you passionate about developing those working for you? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change the engagements with our customers? Do you want to build a world class team? We are searching for an experienced group manager excited to lead a team of technical program managers focused on our core banking business. We are looking for candidates that share our passion for developing people, for technology, and for tackling complexity head-on. Help build the teams and the platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Group Technical Program Manager, you will manage a team of senior technical program managers playing a key role within engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. You and your direct reports contribute to the technical strategy, design choices, and decisions for a product or service. Your direct reports are accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects from inception to completion. As a group manager, you will develop your people ensuring they have opportunities to demonstrate their capabilities. You will proactively inspect the end-to-end delivery of your team's work, coaching your direct reports where required to ensure the gaps between teams, processes, and systems are cared for. You will help remove blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. You should be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and have a desire to create, iterate and improve your team's execution model.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your people management skills and your technical chops. You should be an exemplary leader and people manager, an excellent communicator, an influencer, and have demonstrated experience managing a team of 6-12 direct reports. Leading and navigating cross-functional efforts should come naturally, along with having tried and true experience partnering with marketing and engineering teams to synthesize a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality simple products and features that customers' love. You will need to be a smart risk taker, who can deliver big ideas as well as transform them into scalable programs while getting results through your team. You will need to motivate your team to excel. This position has exposure to senior members of the organization, where you will be preparing documentation for senior executives and aligning roadmaps with organizational objectives.
* Ability to motivate and focus a team to reach challenging goals.
* People management, including experience managing a technical team
* Strong interpersonal and talent development skills, including the ability to identify, attract, and develop talent.
* Demonstrated success driving internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
* Organizational and coordination skills to get things done.
* Demonstrated cross functional leadership aligning process, projects, and people to meet business goals in cross-functional team settings
* Demonstrated experience defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
* Experience delivering with an agile methodology is a must.
* Experience in affecting large culture change
* Experience of building and launching a new product or service from the ground up.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
* Ability to operate in ambiguous environments.
* Track record removing blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
* Handles multiple contending priorities simultaneously in an exciting environment.
* Communicates upward and outward
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science.
* Demonstrated track record of developing people and growing their careers.
* 10 years in development/program management/technical discipline working directly with software development teams.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17084314