In Business Lead Global Fraud Execution - CBORC
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The North America Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) organization was created with the objective of better addressing the need for an improved and unified approach to operational risk issues and the inefficiencies of the legacy structure. The organizational structure of the utility facilitates common processes, maximizes our talent, strengthens our business process controls, enables us to leverage existing best practices and develop common, simplified procedures and processes that result in consistent execution of Business Operational Risk Management and reduction of cross-business duplication.
The CBORC Senior In Business Lead reports to the Fraud and AML, Operational Risk Senior Manager and is accountable for all Control related matters with respect to Global Fraud Execution for Global Consumer Bank across NAM, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC. This role will encompass all aspects of operational risk management.
Initially, this role will be responsible for the build out of a Manager Control Assessment (MCA) program for Global Fraud Execution. This build out will include the development of Process, Risk, Control and Monitoring documentation, assessment of risk levels to determine significant risks, development of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), the assessment of control and design effectiveness, and the engagement of all relevant stakeholders to the process to include, but not limited to, Independent Risk, Operational Risk Management, Legal, Internal Audit, and Compliance. The development of a Global MCA Reporting Forum will also be required to facilitate consistent control reporting across all regions.
This role will serve in a consultative capacity working closely with the business process owners in managing the overall execution of Control related responsibilities. This support is in relation to responsibilities that may be sponsored by other areas of the CBORC utility or other lines of defense (Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit, Operational Risk Management, or Government, Regulatory, External Affairs). Liaising with Compliance, AML, Legal, and other SMEs on standards and regulatory interpretation and business capabilities to support and ensure an effective control and compliance environment.
This role is a manager of managers position and as such, the qualified candidate will exhibit exemplary leadership skills with a proven track record of people and matrix management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of direct, relevant experience in financial services, compliance, control, audit or similar roles with enhanced knowledge of Fraud with experience developing risk management programs identifying all significant processes, risks, and assessing key controls and monitoring associated with these
- Ability to manage across worldwide, geographic regions.
- BA degree in related field, advanced degree a plus, or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing in large organizations
- Five (5) plus years' experience in Operational Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance or related field
- Five (5) years Project management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve critical milestones.
- Knowledgeable in regulations, compliance and controls that affect the Global Consumer Bank.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with people across multiple lines of business and geographies.
- Ability to provide effective challenge on new initiatives and changing strategies to senior management.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of the GCB Credit Card, Small Business Banking, Retail Banking , and Mortgage businesses and applicable rules, regulations and processes.
- Adept at delivering and maintaining productive cross-functional working relationships.
- Prior matrix management and influencing responsibilities
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in an environment where priorities are frequently changing
- Ability to navigate and effectively manage Citi's complexities and globality
- Effectively operate as one team by working across the Global Consumer Bank to get the best outcome.
- Possess a franchise and strategic management mindset with a general manager orientation.
- Value personal growth through coaching and feedback.
- Be agile and willing to adjust and adapt quickly.
- Operate with curiosity and be open to new ideas.
- Exercise high degree of accountability and act with integrity.
- Courage to speak up with candor with ability to build trust by being open and direct.
- Bring passion to everything and provide inspirational leadership.
- Successful track record in developing a high performing team and exceeding team goals
- Builds great teams, is a team player, builds strong partnerships
- Highly effective influencing and motivational skills
- Leads Annual Risk Assessment and quarterly Managers Control Assessment (MCA) activities and completion of all Control related assessments on behalf of the business owner. Provides support for ongoing changes to the MCA program as required, not just at specific points in time.
- Ensures new or modified products and processes are reviewed through the appropriate governance routines and launched with adequate controls which can be monitored and reported.
- Ensures internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced controls.
- Provides embedded support of assigned business area / 1-Down by attending and participating in business meeting routines to provide Control related updates to the team and to learn about any new initiatives that CBORC would need to support.
- Proactively identifies emerging risks and assists the business process owner with resolving control gaps and issues and helps to create quality corrective action plans, including understanding root cause of the issue.
- Identify trends, themes, tendencies that indicate emerging operational risks by relying on mining trends in relevant metrics, loss data and external events. Effectively communicate learnings to Business in order to drive necessary responses and action.
- Continuously monitor Key Operational Risks and related Key Risk Indicators and ensure the Business is taking appropriate action to update them and respond to breaches.
- Identify changes in business strategy or relevant regulations that may lead to an increase in Op Risk
- Works with the business and Quality Assurance team to ensure controls are monitored and/or tested and the results are reported to senior management on a periodic basis.
- Assists with executing key policies - CBORC, Records Management, Supplier Risk Management, and Business
- Continuity, ensuring self-identified issues are communicated and resolved timely.
- Provides support to the CBORC Operational Risk Senior Manager so a clear and comprehensive view of "Health of Controls" is created and socialized with the business process owners for weekly, monthly, and quarterly Control updates to the executive management team.
- Responsible for the back testing of Business Issues and Operational losses and events.
- Resolves Key Risk and Control Indicator breaches with the process owner.
- Ad hoc Control related requests as needed.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17084633