Intermediate Compliance Analyst- Global KYC - Periodic Transaction Review
The Periodic Transaction Review ("PTR") process is designed to supplement and enhance KYC documentation for certain higher risk client types, including Foreign Correspondent Banks, PIs, and Embassies. The Intermediate Compliance Analyst is responsible for creating, reviewing and completing the PTRs for all FCB, PI and Embassy clients in accordance with Citi AML procedures and policies. Additional duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and complete a transactional review of the client accounts, which includes performing an in-depth analysis of the client's actual activity, in comparison to the anticipated information in the KYC Profile.
- Identify unusual/suspicious activity based on AML red flag/typologies knowledge, provide a robust clear and concise analysis of material findings, validate negative media, and provide recommendations to the findings.
- Ensure PTR reviews are completed within the specified timeframe and in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise, as needed on an investigation, research processes as well as applications and tools used to support the investigation process.
- Provide subject matter expertise of AML analysis and recommendations raised during the PTRs for the Relationship Managers, BSU, and Local/Regional Compliance.
- May assist with the first level of approval for recommendation responses obtained by the relationship managers, as a result of findings within the PTR.
- May lead or participate in the development, implementation and/or maintenance of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with current regulatory guidance and Citi policy and achieves a "best in class" performance.
- May lead or participate in the training, mentoring and assessment processes related to employee candidates.
- May lead or participate in the development, testing, training, and implementation of new or enhanced processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years work experience directly related to complex and sensitive investigations: any combination of AML/BSA, fraud, financial irregularities, etc.
- Finance/Banking background or equivalent experience.
- Excellent judgment and assessment skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral formats, including presentations to audiences ranging from Senior Managers, Regulators, Auditors to Analysts as evidenced by the ability to concisely and meaningfully explain and support research conclusions, both in written and verbal formats.
- Excellent work ethic (respectful, honest, considerate, self-motivated, can reliably work independently, works well under pressure, readily adapts to changing work priorities, is accountable).
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (sort, pivot tables). Knowledge of MS Access is a plus.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and teamwork within the framework of the position responsibilities.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18000648