Internal Communications (Global Functions), Public Affairs - AVP
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- Support the internal communication SVPs by preparing and releasing internal communications within the Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Operations and Technology client groups.
- In partnership with the Director of Internal Communications, support the CBNA, IFM and Risk client groups with internal communication needs, including the release of internal e-mails, newsletters, videos and intranet content.
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Prepare reports (metrics, analytics, and communication presentations) for internal use. Present as needed to leadership and other constituent groups.
- Organize and edit content as needed, responding to guidance from the business/function, effectively managing voice and tone, and ensuring content is grammatically correct.
- Learn and use Citi's internal technology, including the Content Management System used for loading intranet content and the e-mail system used for releasing internal messages. An eye to detail and accuracy is a critical part of this responsibility.
- Invest in and understand the priorities of the business/function partner. Leverage communications to innovate and problem-solve.
- Participate in a variety of internal projects including regional, global and group-specific meetings in an effort to maintain a "big picture" perspective on the organization.
- Participate in the development, execution and monitoring of integrated communications campaigns in support of the strategic business/function objective.
- Ability to identify emerging trends in web and digital marketing, develop strategies and effectively implement approved strategies.
- Define and track metrics to assess effectiveness of communications programs
- Perform other related duties as required by Global Public Affairs (GPA).
A colleague who believes in the strength of partnerships and relationships; who operates as an innovator, a collaborator and applies creative thinking to their problem-solving technique. Someone who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and can comfortably shift between emerging priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Public Relations, Advertising, etc.) required
- At least 3 years of professional experience, preferably in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field within a global, complex organization
- Proven experience participating in communication strategy development and translating those strategies into actionable plans.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent project and events management skills, including ability to handle multiple assignments prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Solid track record and knowledge of best practices in online and social media
- Easily navigates technology; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop publishing tools
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17084539