International Trade Compliance Special Programs Leader (Legal) - Houston, TX; London, GB; Aberdeen, Scotland; Celle, Germany; or Florence, Italy
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring an International Trade Compliance Special Programs Leader based in Houston, Texas, London, Great Britain, Aberdeen, Scotland, Celle, Germany, or Florence, Italy.
The Program Leader for Customs/Trade Special Programs will be a member of the International Trade Compliance (ITC) team supporting the implementation of the BHGE ITC Playbook and will report directly to the Senior ITC leader Integration and Strategy. Primary responsibility will be to lead all aspects of the special programs worldwide in accordance with the BHGE ITC Playbook.
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic delivery model for special programs (free-trade agreements, special customs regimes, customs duty management programs, etc.).
- Implement and maintain a database for special regimes as well as metrics of duty savings and program costs to support decision making and reporting.
- Coordinate use of special programs to ensure optimal use of programs and compliance to program requirements.
- Obtain necessary permissions, authorizations or certificates and/or ensure that each entity participating in a special program has all necessary permissions needed to participate in program.
- In coordination with logistics teams, research, document, interpret and disseminate program requirements and regulations to the business, including the monitoring and updating of any regulatory changes.
- Research and vet additional opportunities for duty savings.
- Lead the development of a monitoring program to assess risk and conduct reviews to ensure compliance.
- Create and maintain the compliance documentation for each program being utilized.
- Develop and deliver operational training for program compliance.
- Ensure there are trained personnel to support site compliance with program requirements as necessary.
- Support responses to audits and other requests from Customs administrations.
- Manage direct reports as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in international trade, international business, logistics or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of relevant working experience in logistics and/or trade compliance
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment
- Advanced degree international trade, international business, logistics or related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate multiple / large projects, provide direction and leadership to a network of resources, establish clear goals and achievable project plans and deliverables
- Demonstrated compliance mindset
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to implement simple, fast and non-bureaucratic process improvements
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign languages a plus
Houston, TX; London, Great Britain; Aberdeen, Scotland; Celle, Germany; or Florence, Italy
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
Job Reference #: 1821689