Java Developer Global Liquidity Technology
As an Application Developer within Asset Management Fixed-Income Liquidity Front-Office, you are critical to our success! By developing innovative and high-quality solutions that address business needs you will enable our business to perform efficiently and competitively.
Develop Front-Office trading applications within an exciting, agile and modern technology environment using current and new programming techniques and languages.
You will work directly with our business users to analyze their requirements and outline proposed solutions. You will participate in design reviews and provide secure design recommendations. You must adhere to IT Control Policies and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards throughout development and into production.
You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to the global technology strategy; identify, troubleshoot and fix application issues in production and development; and provide support and feedback to the final users.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Must Have Skills:
- Hands on development experience (and desire to be deeply technical)
- Solid understanding of multithreaded software design.
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and modern agile methodologies.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- 3-5 years of Core Java middle tier development experience - ideally Java 8
- 3-5 years of experience using relational databases such as Oracle or Sybase (dynamic SQL, stored Procs, tuning for performance etc).
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of GIT/Stash/BitBucket, Maven/Gradle and other source control/build tools
Good to Have Skills:
- Familiarity with open source libraries
- Experience working with frontend languages (.NET, WPF, Angular, React), and .NET/java interoperability
- Experience with distributed computing infrastructures
- Experience with performance tuning and memory profiling
- Experience building/enhancing testing frameworks (unit, regression, integration, etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in Fixed Income or Asset Management business is a plus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180093604