Product Control Analyst 3 - Global PLBS Reporting and Analysis (Buffalo, NY)
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Finance Division acts as a strategic partner across business lines. Professionals within the division work closely with the management teams of Citigroup's many departments, adding value to the firm's operations through strategic analysis and hands-on participation in planning and in process redesign. The Finance Division is broken down into Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Audit and Planning and Analysis.
The Controller's area is responsible for a variety of activities related to the Firm's financial reporting and controls. The division is divided into different areas of specialization where each group features a unique set of responsibilities that include both analytical and accounting roles. Currently, our Pricing Analytics and Reporting Group is seeking a controller to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your analytical skills and increase your knowledge in a dynamic and growing product area.
- Responsible for completion of the daily and month-end global ICG and Holdings balance sheet, including but not limited to ensuring completeness and accuracy of daily reporting, commentary collection/review, working with Product Controllers to correct balances and working as a partner to answer any balance sheet related inquiries that may come up;
- Participate and work toward new reporting demands for Averages and Intercompany daily balance sheet reporting;
- Monitoring CGM Other Assets/Other Liabilities to ensure accuracy and research/verify any large movements;
- Formulate and review balance sheet adjustment metrics and work with Product Control to eliminate such adjustments;
- Responsible for ensuring cusip netting is completed and accurate;
- Liaison with Product Controllers across worldwide regions, Risk Management, and Senior Management of the Markets and Banking division;
- Participate on Ad hoc projects and reports.
- Bachelor's degree required, Accounting or Finance degree preferred;
- 1 or more years of experience in financial accounting or analysis role required, preferably with some derivative products and/or public accounting experience;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet assigned deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment;
- Motivated, organized and detail orientation is a must;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, and have a good understanding of general database querying tools.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18006626