Senior Engineer - Global Power Projects Thermal Team
The Senior Engineer - Global Power Projects Thermal Team, within the Energy Consulting organization, working across several other teams and cross functionally.
As the Senior Engineer - Global Power Projects Thermal Team, you will:
- Execute (propose, negotiate, plan, lead and report out) tests at customer power plants to assist them in meeting evolving regulatory standards for steady-state performance, dynamic performance and modeling
- Communicate effectively with clients to support their testing or compliance needs, and resolve issues promptly
- Support GE project(s) with power systems engineering expertise, including design and equipment specification studies, and commissioning support
- Support continuous development of generation products based on evolving codes and standards
- Actively participate in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are prized
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, mechanical or electric power engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical or electric power engineering, conventional power plant design and operation
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required as GE will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Ability and willingness to travel 40% of the time, both domestically and internationally
- Master's Degree in electrical, mechanical or electric power engineering, or related field of study
- Field experience with OEM Thermal power generation turbine and excitation control systems
- Experience with turbine control and excitation system design, implementation and testing
- Experience in planning and execution of electrical / mechanical tests in power plants
- Understanding of grid systems interactions with power plant equipment and control
- Experience with dynamic simulation tools (PSLF, PSS / E and MATLAB)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New York; Schenectady
Job Reference #: 3049460