Solutions Architect, Global Technology Infrastructure
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
GTI Solutions Architecture is a client-focused team providing consultation services, enterprise analysis, and applications infrastructure designs meeting the current and future requirements to our internal clients while adhering to architectural standards, resiliency, security, performance and regulatory guidelines and strategies.
This role is an experienced Solutions Architect working directly with internal customers. The candidate must have broad and deep technology skills across a range of disciplines. Solutions architects are accountable for the development of cost effective end-to-end technical solutions and functions as the primary design authority for the prescribed solution, working in partnership with the technical product owners, external vendors and project management teams. There is implicit accountability for a solution being fit for purpose and working as designed.
The candidates responsibilities include:
- Creating application infrastructure solutions designs which meet the client requirements and incorporate all relevant standards including; architectural , security, resiliency , regulatory and compliance
- Analysing current implementations for adherence to standards and for optimization
- Representing all GTI products in consulting with clients on projects and strategic initiatives
- Continuous learning and knowledge of current and planned technology products
- Effective and timely communication with clients and partners
- Advises the application team of best practice and fit for purpose, creating design documents which follow approved guidelines which align with available service offering.
- Engineering degree in a technical discipline or similar industry experience
- 8 years progressive experience and technical depth in one or more of the following areas; Distributed technologies including Server/Storage, Hypervisor, Market Data rate publications, Database, Web, Messaging, Load Balancing, Networking, Firewall.
- Knowledge of one or more cloud based technologies private / public & on / off premise
- 3 years experience as an enterprise Solutions Architect or Engineer
- Programming languages (C/C /Java/Python/J2EE/Angular KS)
- Experience with data center automation and runtime automation
- Experience with cloud orchestration and automation
- Experience with Technology Risk and Controls, RCSA or other auditing methodologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, continuous integration and continuous delivery is highly desirable.
- Identity & Access Management concepts are advantageous
- Understanding of financial services risk and control requirements within a large enterprise environment.
- The successful candidate will have a deep and wide understanding of technical architecture and enterprise architecture
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent client interfacing skills with the ability to collaborate with peers and engage in technical discussions with engineers varying in skills and expertise
- Must be able to communicate. Engage stakeholder for support and interface with Sr. Management using non-technical jargon and translating complex details into a concise story
- Motivated, self-starter, interested in making a difference and acting as a change agent
- Ability to work across and influence in a large complex organization
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180086466