SVP, International Markets, Media Strategy
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We are looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results
Citi's Global Consumer Bank has a unique opportunity to leverage its global consumer relationships, state of the art technology and a leading consumer banking position to serve content and deliver true customer value in a targeted and impactful way. Citi is optimizing the business relationship structure to realize a fully integrated global delivery model with technology at its core, where sales, marketing content and product all work in concert to deliver on the cross platform goals of the company to deliver a remarkable customer experience.
The International Markets, Media Strategy SVP will be a direct report to the Global Media & Integrated Marketing Group Director. The Global Media & Integrated Marketing Group is responsible for defining and executing against best-in-class media strategies for the Citi Cards Consumer business in the US as well as a strategic liaison to International Markets. The Global Media team is an integral part of the Global Consumer Marketing Organization.
Specifically, the International Markets Media SVP will be responsible for creating a partnership with regional and local markets in order to provide strategic support and foster the sharing of best practices. In addition, responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of Citi's aggregated media investments across International markets (Regionally & Locally)
- Disseminate Media planning/buying best practices, case studies, and insights from Citi regional/local offices
- Development of a Global Media strategy and framework for brand initiatives that extend into International markets with the ability for international markets to customize and execute locally
- Partner with the Global Social team to identify and prioritize Global media partners
- Will actively and creatively translate business strategies into media approaches that serve to improve Brand KPIs as well as tactical goals
- Ensure media activities leverage marketing mix models to drive efficiencies and deliver optimal channel mix
- In partnership with Global Insights and Regional/Local market teams, optimize Global Media Measurement solutions, such as Multi Touch Attribution, Media Mix Modeling and Advertising Effectiveness
- Provide strategic leadership of a Global Data Management Platform (DMP) along with the development of enhanced media strategies that result from shared insights.
- Provide leadership in the areas of addressability and targeting initiatives across technology and channels to achieve funnel optimization
- Seed digital innovation and best practices across Global footprint, in partnership with Regional/Local market teams, taking into account Regional/Local business objectives and Market nuances
- Candidate should have experience building collaborative partnerships with key internal stakeholders, Agency partners as well as Media partners. They should bring with them a sense and energy and passion for solving problems and building off of the ideas of others in a matrix organization
- The candidate will be expected to stay abreast of industry trends and sharing of best practices among peers
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12 years' experience in media planning, Agency experience a plus
- Discipline expertise across all paid media channels is required
- Strong sense of accountability and decisiveness in a driven work ethic culture
- Team player: ability to partner with other areas
- Self-aware: ability to adapt to various situations
- Interpersonal: Strong communication, listening, presentation, influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong technical skills: Strategy development, Agency Briefing, Digital media reporting, campaign analytics
- Entrepreneurial and energetic: Engaged in new trends and ideas in marketing
- Passionate about winning; ability to create an executable path for achieving critical objectives and driving meaningful outcomes in a dynamic complex environment
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18002355