Treasury Services-Global Payments Transformation-Strategic Development Team, Associate/VP
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
About the Team
The Global Payment Transformation Team is responsible for product innovation, development and commercialization of new payments services that J.P. Morgan delivers to Financial Institution, Non-Bank Financial Institution, Corporate and Commercial Bank clients globally. The payments landscape is changing and this team is focused on delivering the vision and execution for the future of cross-border payments and leading industry level transformation. The team is directly engaged in evaluating the business application and integration of technologies such as distributed ledger, robotics, APIs and cloud based infrastructure. The products developed will be utilized by global financial institutions and corporations executing cross-border payments and will focus on streamlining the client experience while reducing operational costs and risks within the current model.
About the Position
The Strategic Development team is responsible for the transformation product strategy by identifying, validating and building commercialization, governance and long term ownership strategies. This candidate will also be responsible for assessing new technologies, engaging with Payment FinTechs and developing and vetting a 2-5 year strategy for new products/solutions developed by the broader team.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap to align with the firms payments strategy to deliver near & long term road maps and execution plans
- Business and use case development with a focus on market and business opportunities aligned with strategy
- Identify and develop partner and vendor relationships as well as consortia engagement
- Solid track record of success in leading large-scale initiatives across various internal teams
- Strategic visionary able to develop and execute frameworks to assess opportunities
- Experience building and executing medium to long term strategies.
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions while clearly articulating strategy to senior company leadership
- Energetic, motivated, self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach and an eye for detail
- Passionate about the payments industry with proven leadership, communication and prioritization skills
- Works well within a dynamic and ambiguous environment and under pressure
- Able to grasp new technologies, market landscape, industry trends and regulatory implications
- Experience in leading a cross functional delivery team and commanding strong influencing skills across business partners (sales, technology, operation, service, risk, compliance, legal)
- 2 years of strategic development experience. Experience within cross-border payments, FX or treasury with experience a plus
- Bachelors degree required; MS or MBA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio
- May require travel up to 15%.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180063799