Vice President-AML Compliance Officer, Global Consumer Bank, AML NAM Monitoring Risk Management
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Governance/Reporting--Preparation and reporting on transaction monitoring projects and progress. Completion and presentation of monitoring recommendation committee presentations/reports of product and monitoring proposals.
- IMRs--Initiating, assessing and determining data quality and recommended fixes; completing recommendations for monitoring historical remediations. Presentation to applicable governance committees for approval.
- KYC/Technology--Provide oversight and support services for several groups which impact AML transaction monitoring , process and policies.
- New Product Approvals/New Payment Method Products Monitoring--Conducting assessment of new products to determine required monitoring
- Managers Control Assessment--Acts in development, preparation and reporting for process. Impacts and presents recommendations for global MCA process.
- Manage the implementation and reporting of Compliance Monitoring Program for area in accordance with Compliance Monitoring Standard.
- Review of policy development documents to ensure that transaction and AML risk management processes are addressed. Develop policies and procedures for AML Transaction monitoring life cycle, including reviews of scenario validation, segmentation, and optimization tools.
- Determining emerging risk and AML typologies.
- Report creation--Analyze data, prepare and present regional and global reports related to AML risk assessments, and monitoring of AML related issues and escalations.
- Understanding and monitoring the AML regulatory environment and provide up-to-date knowledge and expertise on relevant AML matters.
- Providing pro-active AML credible challenge and support to the assigned business lines and operations and driving programs forward
- Promoting a culture of accountability and early escalation of issues
- Building solid relationships with business risk, operations, technology, and training and possess a deep understanding of the operations that present and manage risk
- Enhancing data analysis and reporting to support ongoing monitoring of business and operations AML related risks
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of compliance related experience with a strong understanding of AML regulations and the banking environment, across product and geographic business lines, with the ability to identify emerging AML risks through automated monitoring tool.
- Advanced skills in producing and analyzing, presenting reporting packages using data analytics and visualization software and business intelligence tools such as Spotfire, Mantas, SQL. Strong skills in use of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Advanced knowledge of AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal control functions and regulators within the US, and in particular banking and AML regulators
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work with Team in matrix reporting relationship with Global/Regional AML Compliance Risk Management.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with understanding of strategic vision and context.
- Ability to lead and influence people to successfully execute strategies across functions and at senior levels using sound judgment.
- The successful candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, ability to identify emerging risks and develop strategies to address and then execute timely.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18003447