Vice President, Global Functions Learning and Development Relationship Manager
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Learning works to drive business performance by connecting employees with relevant and innovative learning experiences when and where they need them. The Global Functions Learning & Development Relationship Manager implements learning strategies that directly impact Global Functions business goals, including designing learning activities and processes and delivers workshops. In addition, this role will facilitate both internal subject matter experts and external providers of training and development as well as manage vendor relationships for global implementations. The role holds the responsibility for driving learning initiatives across the Global Functions and partnering with Learning Advisors in both Internal Audit and Compliance.
The role serves as the key manager and contact for various Senior and Middle Level Managers, Human Resources, and others that support Legal, Finance, Internal Audit, Compliance, CSIS and GPA families. It works closely with the Human Resources function to integrate talent management and other HR tools and processes in the learning system.
- Conducts needs analysis and partners with office directors, HR unit directors and employees to identify and shape training programs and learning solutions for practices, specialty areas and local operations.
- Designs learning material and tools, including Web content, train-the-trainer guides, workbooks, handouts, job aides, syllabuses and promotional collateral
- Negotiates with internal subject matter experts and external providers to provide learning solutions that meet targeted outcomes
- Personally delivers learning interventions as appropriate
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to provide a seamless learning and development experience for employees
- Evaluates all learning activity to determine impact on business outcomes and revises activity based on the insights gained
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent client relationship skills to include engagement with Senior Leaders
- BA/BS required, Masters level preferred
- 7-10 years experience in training, HR, OD, Talent Management, Compliance, Internal Audit or related fields, either internally in businesses, or externally through consultative organizations
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in training delivery
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, multi-cultural environment
- Able to work with complexity and navigate ambiguity while establishing deadlines
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills as well as effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Internet/Intranet savvy. Exposure to e-learning, web meeting tools/software. Strong working knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to manage expectations and relationships with staff, superiors, vendors, business partners, etc.
- Strong desire to learn the business and stay up to date on developments in the field of Banking and learning
- Ability to "think out of the box" - creative, innovative, designer/developer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17076343