Wealth Management - Global Portfolio Specialist & Investor Relations Business Manager - Vice President
With more than 160 years of experience, the J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the Private Bank's products and solutions. The Private Bank is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships through an integrated team structure with a platform of both depth and breadth.
Investment Solutions provides Wealth Management clients with investment management solutions across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. Within Investment Solutions, Managed Solutions & Strategy (MSS) manages discretionary investment strategies and performs manager due diligence for clients across J.P. Morgan Wealth Management (WM) and Chase Wealth Management (CWM). Discretionary investment offerings include multi-asset, single asset class and alternative strategies offered through individual accounts and private and registered funds.
The Global Portfolio Specialist team is responsible for articulating investment process, market views, performance, and positioning of discretionary portfolios, primarily those managed by the Private Bank CIO team, to Clients and Advisors. Specialists are an integral member of the Advisor team and serve as a go to partner for Core discretionary portfolios to educate, deepen relationships, prepare for & participate in meetings & drive flows. The Investor Relations team is responsible for providing coverage for our broad suite of managed solutions globally. They serve as a key point of contact for the Salesforce and Portfolio Specialists in supporting client conversations and managing and driving client/advisor experience initiatives.
Wealth Management Investment Solutions Business Management works with Asset Class Leaders and Investment Team Leaders to manage and execute initiatives across the Private Bank.
Job Description: The individual in this role will execute initiatives across Managed Solutions & Strategy (MSS), focusing on the continued success and innovation of the business. Initiatives will relate to diverse subject matter, including idea generation, product development, portfolio management and portfolio management systems, sales management and the investment control agenda. Success will require working collaboratively with senior stakeholders across the business and control functions with a critical eye for problem solving. Responsibilities will inevitably extend from areas mentioned into others.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the Global Head of the Managed Solutions business (who oversees the Global Portfolio Specialist and Investor Relations teams) in managing the business, driving strategic analyses/initiatives, preparing for speaking engagements and key meetings, reviewing of materials from business partners such as marketing, and coordinating various communications efforts
- Lead strategic product and business initiatives to drive innovation and transformation (e.g., conceptualize and syndicate new product proposals and drive alignment across key investment and salesforce stakeholders, continuously improve the teams operating model, define future scope of Investor Relations and vision for the Advisor experience of Solutions content)
- Work with Senior Management and teams across the Private Bank, including Portfolio Specialists, Asset Class Specialists, MSS investments professionals and Investment Team Leaders to drive forward business priorities
- Present business proposals and conduct checkpoints with Senior Management for review and approval
- Represent Managed Solutions interests and priorities in key decision making forums
- Develop a detailed understanding of current-state processes and identify opportunities for improvement and drive initiatives; develop and maintain a deep understanding of our product offering and markets views
- Help team measure results via business, client, and team impact; track and meet key deliverable/milestone deadlines
- Establish and participate in working groups, requiring effective partnership with the following groups: Investments; Legal; Compliance; Technology; Operations; Product & Platform; Risk Management; Marketing; Finance; and Human Resources
- Proactively propose new ideas on process improvement, business innovation, and markets/product topics
- Ability to execute within a fast-paced and demanding environment, while managing multiple concurrent projects
- Proactive, accountable, and assertive; strong work ethic
- Organized, detail-oriented, and comprehensive project management approach
- Confidence and skill to think strategically, develop solutions, and present recommendations to business leaders
- Ability to quickly analyze business practices to identify risk and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint slide creation and intermediate excel modeling required
- Superior judgment and discretion working with both confidential and sensitive information
- Agile team player with the ability to work with diverse working styles on projects and coordinate resources effectively
- 6 years of experience in investments/wealth mgmt., business management / strategy, financial services, or a related field
- Experience working with Multi-asset class investments and investment vehicles
- Working knowledge of investment products and/or capital markets
- CFA, CAIA, CFP, MBA, or other related designation are a plus, but not required
- Experience with the global regulatory initiatives are a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of delivering projects, complex product and/or new business initiatives
- Broad understanding of JPMorgan Asset Management, and Wealth Management & Investment Solutions specifically
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180076137